2010-11 Hockey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010-11 Hockey!

So Martin and I had talked about making this thread and with today's news, I figured it was time. Feel free to let the gloves come off and the punches fly as we give each other shit about our respective teams. Eh?

Sad day on Broad Street: Simone Gagne is no longer a Flyer. He was traded for an unknown and Matt Walker from Tampa Bay. I shall pour one out for my lost boy...
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Good move for Tampa. Ya'll are getting a hot man though.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

As Houston only has the Aeros for my hockey fix I float between Dallas and Detroit. I was a NorthStars fan before the Dallas move so no heat from my fellow Houstonians.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Forgiven. Mostly. Personally, I can never root for a Dallas team. It would be like rooting for a team from NY.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

I know, trust me. It was a huge dilemma when they moved here but I still occasionally root for them.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I'll let you have Dallas....Detroit may be harder to forgive. Sorry, they are my all time most hated team. Ask Nathan how fired up I get...
            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Back in the day, when we had a decent Hatcher, Belfour, and even that white-toothed dildo Modano was handing out assists like the clap, the Stars were fackin' awesome.

I long for the day we return to glory...

...and at least we aren't the fucking Leafs.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

I have to ask, what does everyone have against Toronto? Did they make a douche move I'm not aware of?

Comment

Originally posted by ingrid View Post
                  I have to ask, what does everyone have against Toronto? Did they make a douche move I'm not aware of?
                  They're Canadian... do we really need a reason?

Comment

Yankees of Hockey. More a correlation to their smugfans than the team, but still applicable.

Also, Mike Myers is superfan#1.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                      Yankees of Hockey.
                      Ok, this makes sense. They were the first team (besides the Flyers) that I liked as a kid...I would probably call them a intro team, they get your foot in the hockey door. A kiddie pool if you will.

Comment

Much like the Yankees. A discerning baseball fan will soon adopt a better team.

Comment

Ok, this makes sense. They were the first team (besides the Flyers) that I liked as a kid...I would probably call them a intro team, they get your foot in the hockey door. A kiddie pool if you will.
                          Odd...

I was a Bruins fan when I was a kid, and still am to this day. Granted, they almost always break my heart... but you stick by your team through good and bad.

Comment

And I do. The Flyers are my die-hard team. I have loved them since I was a kid and my dad took me to a game at the Spectrum. I will never stop loving the Flyers. No matter how tough it is to watch them lose.

But the Leafs were kind of a....backup? That's not the right word, but it's the closest I can come up with. If the Flyers weren't playing or they hadn't made it to the finals, the Leafs were my 'backup' team to cheer for.

Comment

I have to poop. This is the right thread isn't it?
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X