No announcement yet.

Oscar Shit 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's not a "bad boy" like O'Toole was. He'll get his gold. Most likely in a Scorsese joint.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      Leo has had the A game longer and stronger, yo. But Mcheyheyhey has certainly brought it since The Lincoln Lawyer, that isn't up for debate.
      The only thing I'm debating is your assertion that Mcheyhey reverts to shit in a few years. Rather presumptuous.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

You can debate me about anything. All good.

But on the point in question, there is a proven pattern to Mcheyheyhey. Do several good films, then falls right back to the paycheck gigs.
        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Sahara 2!

Comment

You can debate me about anything. All good.

But on the point in question, there is a proven pattern to Mcheyheyhey. Do several good films, then falls right back to the paycheck gigs.
            Really? Is it an a/b pattern, or an a/b/b/b patter? Or are you just not noticing everything he's done since 2011 has been stupendous? Even in his early successes he wasn't producing the work that he is now. Respect that in the very least.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

You seem to be forgetting his mid-to-late 90s hot streak. I know. It sucks you choose to forget that.

And again, the last 3 or so years of his work (strong as it is) doesn't hold a candle to the decade of work DiCaprio's had. Which was my bone of contention with that bullshit narrative for why he should win.
              Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 02-22-2014, 10:45 PM.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

I think the difference for Matt going forward is that his looks aren't gonna hold out, so doing Failure to Launch 2: Challenger isn't really an option.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Picture: 12 YEARS A SLAVE
                  Director: Cuaron
                  Actor: DiCaprio
                  Actress: Blanchett
                  S. Actor: Leto
                  S. Actress: Lawrence

Either McConoughey or Leto is going to win, not both. I'm gonna give it to Leto.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                    Sahara 2!
                    yes.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Failure to Launch 2: Naked Room.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN 11 DAYS
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

At this point, I'm just hoping for a nip slip more than any particular win.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

That's really the only reason I watch any awards show.

Comment

There is no reason to watch any awards show.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

You seem to be forgetting his mid-to-late 90s hot streak. I know. It sucks you choose to forget that.

And again, the last 3 or so years of his work (strong as it is) doesn't hold a candle to the decade of work DiCaprio's had. Which was my bone of contention with that bullshit narrative for why he should win.
                                I've forgot nothing, it's just that I haven't heard anyone preaching that supposed narrative till you brought it up. Now I have heard the "he deserves it for turning shit around" argument which is probably just as silly a reason.... Bottom line for me Mcheyhey deserves praise for his work since 2011. I give zero fucks about who wins the award though.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                Picture: 12 YEARS A SLAVE
                                Director: Cuaron
                                Actor: DiCaprio
                                Actress: Blanchett
                                S. Actor: Leto
                                S. Actress: Lawrence

Either McConoughey or Leto is going to win, not both. I'm gonna give it to Leto.
                                I think Leto deserves it for sure. McConoughey put in some great work but Leto really shined imho

Comment

Working...
                                X