No announcement yet.

Mad Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That speech to Hershey's was fantastic but, holy shit, this on top of a few hours of The Last of Us was not a particularly happy way to spend the weekend.

Comment

Pretty surprised about the ending this week. I can't decide if Don is really trying to change or if it's part of some master plan.

Comment

I don't know. The partners kinda set him up to fail with their terms, so I was honestly expecting him to say 'fuck you' and walk, taking the job offer that he had in his pocket. Saying 'ok' like that was really a shock, and I think that he could have negotiated away some of those terms that he was presented with. He was in a it of a bargaining position, so it disappointed me to see him cave.

He's not gonna last long under Lou.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          I don't know. The partners kinda set him up to fail with their terms, so I was honestly expecting him to say 'fuck you' and walk, taking the job offer that he had in his pocket. Saying 'ok' like that was really a shock, and I think that he could have negotiated away some of those terms that he was presented with. He was in a it of a bargaining position, so it disappointed me to see him cave.

He's not gonna last long under Lou.
          He's not caving. Roger is at the end of his career and he's fucking up like a kid. Bert isn't long for this world, but they both see that their merger partners want them gone and they're courting the partners and employees from Sterling Cooper that they want.

It's circling your wagons time and by talking to the Creative Kids, Draper picked up on it. So, Draper is going to slip in and sow seeds of dissent. I see the mid season split happening on a moment much like how Season 3 ended.

Don stages another mutiny and takes the people he wants elsewhere. Season 7 Part 2 will be about the ramifications of that.

That being said, the Betty Draper stuff fucked with me on a personal level. I know someone like that and I've watched her do that shit to her kid.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I don't know. I see the mid-season cliffhanger ending with Don punching Lou, saying 'fuck you' to everyone, and walking out on his job and his life. The second half of S7 will be him realizing that he's a guy in his mid 40s with no job, no family, no wife, and no equity (he'll have lost his buyout package). S7 will see him re-unite with Betty and moving somewhere else to start anew.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

I don't know. I see the mid-season cliffhanger ending with Don punching Lou, saying 'fuck you' to everyone, and walking out on his job and his life. The second half of S7 will be him realizing that he's a guy in his mid 40s with no job, no family, no wife, and no equity (he'll have lost his buyout package). S7 will see him re-unite with Betty and moving somewhere else to start anew.
              If you really believe that, you haven't been paying attention.

Don won't come out of this smelling like Roses, but he'll end up somewhere with a girl falling before him. It won't be the same class of tail, but he'll get something.

Also, this show doesn't end with Sterling Cooper still in existence.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Oh yeah, you can totally tell that SC is going to go down in flames. Too much internal tension and gamesmanship. Getting rid of Harry (which is inevitable at this point) will be their big mistake, because he's absolutely right.

Comment

Oh yeah, you can totally tell that SC is going to go down in flames. Too much internal tension and gamesmanship. Getting rid of Harry (which is inevitable at this point) will be their big mistake, because he's absolutely right.
                  I also see the smoking gun that California has become. Pete is going to talk Ted into doing something stupid that hastens the company's downfall.

If anything, Don is the only lifeboat those people have.

Comment

Just wanna see Don bring em all down. But in all probability, it will be because of Roger (and Pete) fucking up.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Last night's episode was some of the best writing since Season 3.

Comment

• That Margaret story is tragic. For her child, who will hate her for the rest of her life. She's too selfish to see it.

Not sure if they're setting up an implosion at the company. But Bert was an idiot for outright rejecting Don's suggestion, strictly because it came from him.
                        Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 05-05-2014, 11:44 AM.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                          Not sure if they're setting up an implosion at the company. But Bert was an idiot for outright rejecting Don's suggestion, strictly because it came from him.
                          I kinda see the show coming back to that, possibly with Don doing it on his own as a start up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            I kinda see the show coming back to that, possibly with Don doing it on his own as a start up.
                            or he freaks out and destroys the computer during the last 2014 episode. Turns to Cooper and Sterling and quits.

Comment

• I expect a big fatality by the series swan-song. Namely Roger's.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I wanna see Bert get his shit slapped.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X