Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > Podcasts > Brain Dead Radio

Brain Dead Radio The new show from Rob and Ceej. Tune in and turn off your brain.

View Poll Results: Thoughts?
I liked it! 5 83.33%
I would rather cum blood! 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2010, 12:19 PM
is confused as balls

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

But the premise of the entire movie is "What if someone became a superhero in real life?"

I hated the comics and the movie, while doing it's job, didn't do much for me. I've already seen the "little girl as a killer" in better movies.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:20 PM
THE DREAM

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

The comic may have had a more serious tone, but that was scrapped and rebuilt for a wholly different focus in filmland.

TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF AND STOP TALKING ABOUT MOVIES.

SYRIANLY.

IT IS BELOW THE ROCK.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
The comic may have had a more serious tone, but that was scrapped and rebuilt for a wholly different focus in filmland.

TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF AND STOP TALKING ABOUT MOVIES.

SYRIANLY.
Exactly. Don't make me write an replyED letter.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:22 PM
is confused as balls

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Sorry guys, I didn't hate the flick outright but it has its share of problems.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

Sure, it's slow. Sure, it's not believable, even though it's based off a comic book. But it's fun. Stop fun-hating it.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:26 PM
is confused as balls

My problem still stands that in my experiences at the theater/home watching flicks if I ever check my watch or the time then something isn't clicking for me. I never checked my watch during Watchmen, TDK, Avatar, etc. So it's not just because it was a longer flick, but it just fucking DRAGS in the middle and by the "reveal" at the end I just didn't care anymore. Plus the shit with his girlfriend was so fucking stupid.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:28 PM
THE DREAM

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

What if someone whispers "What time is it" and you look down?

What then?

WHAT THEN?
Old 04-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Hmm?

He whispers back, "That guy is eating a hamburger."

Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 04-26-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:30 PM
is confused as balls

I'll just say no. haha

Maybe this will play better with a home viewing. Who knows? You're talking to the guy who took Friday off to go see a early showing of the new Nightmare flick.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Hmm?

Watch it not compare to the original.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:32 PM
is confused as balls

Well no shit. I'm not the fucktards who bitch and moan about the remakes not BEING LIKE THE ORIGINALS. I have the originals on DVD. All I want is for them to try something new and for me to be entertained.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:32 PM
is confused as balls

I still enjoy both Texas and F13 remakes. They are flawed, but I still dig them.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Hmm?

But the problem with the NOES reboot is that it read just like the original. The only difference was the ending.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:35 PM
is confused as balls

And the problem with the original is that it's not even the best one in the series.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:36 PM
is confused as balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
But the problem with the NOES reboot is that it read just like the original. The only difference was the ending.

And, this could be a bunch of BS, according to the writers the script that most of us had read was a pretty old version.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:36 PM
THE DREAM

It makes me sad about the future of the 13 franchise. I wanted to see THAT Jason again.

I'm still incredibly skeptical about the Nightmare one. Hope it's good, but all signs point to Mr. Derp territory.

ETA: The first NOES still has the best kill. Ever.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:37 PM
is confused as balls

Quote:
It makes me sad about the future of the 13 franchise. I wanted to see THAT Jason again.

I'm still incredibly skeptical about the Nightmare one. Hope it's good, but all signs point to Mr. Derp territory.

Agreed on both counts. Hence why we're checking out a matinee. That way I can either bitch and moan about it or fellate it on the next podcast since I know Ceej won't bother seeing it.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Texan

Howard is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
ETA: The first NOES still has the best kill. Ever.
Kill for kill, I actually prefer NOES 3. Pretty good kills in that one (let's get high, the gamemaster, the tv, etc.).
Old 04-26-2010, 12:46 PM
THE DREAM

Blood volcano beats everything.

Except Breckin Meyer. His NES-dad beats him.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:46 PM
is confused as balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard View Post
Kill for kill, I actually prefer NOES 3. Pretty good kills in that one (let's get high, the gamemaster, the tv, etc.).

THAT.

But the Depp kill in the first one is pretty fucking amazing.