Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
    They fear Grace Jones.
    Really, who the fuck name their boy "Grace", out of all things?

The same fuck who named his boy Sue?
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
      If he hadn't helped marginalize Destroyer, we wouldn't have gotten Bob the Goon.

Have you checked out any of the new Dark Horse Conan books? They're not Howard, but they're damn close. And it sounds like part of "Born on the Battlefield" made it into the film.
      I'd read "Born on the Battlefield" and it's pretty close to that scene in the flick. It deviates later on, but they establish in the film Conan is well on his way to badassery while only a kid.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Had me laughing, you magnificent Mountie!

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post

"Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Network is the most inspirational film ever made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
            Very interested in those documentaries, Bobby. I like both bands, and I've watched PJ change and evolve since the early days, so those flicks should hold my interest

Watched Conan the Barbarian (2011) yesterday.... If anything, it hews closer to Conan the Destroyer than the original.
            I would highly recommend PJ20. It's the superior film, Crowe's closeness to the band (there's a great little sequence about Singles) and the wealth of excellent footage from before and after they took off is glorious. Back and Forth does much the same thing, but it's a little too much like a Behind the Music profile at times with extended spells of oh-so-earnest reflection. It doesn't do the all-out rock/road movie thing as well as PJ20, but it does have a sequence with Bob Mould and Butch Vig so that goes a long way.

As for Conan 2011, a mate of mine is a chef at one of Belfast's most prestigious restaurants, and last week he met Jason Momoa when he came in for a meal (I take it he's over shooting Game of Thrones.) Judging by the picture he got with the guy, it doesn't seem like he had any problems doing the whole autograph/pose for the snap thing. Always cool to hear.

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
            Another weird double-feature, totally not my doing, while over at George's yesterday (yup, he's still in pain, and the poor guy is bent over like a human question mark!). Anyway, while he was napping after being bombed out on pain pills, I watched "Silence of The Lambs" while he slept - it was on while I was flipping through the channels, and that's a flick you just don't ever turn off.
            So true, Lisa. I watched Silence again for the first time in ages not too long ago. It holds up so well. I didn't even know it was Roger Corman playing the FBI director for about 30 seconds the last time I watched it - that's how long ago it was! Hope George feels better soon. My back threw a wobbler for a bit earlier today (no idea why) so I know it's no fun craning over in pain.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Ouch, Bobby! Hope you feel better soon, too!
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Airplane! and Funny Farm.

Both still hold up (even with the dated Saturday Night Fever parody). I was shocked at how fucking great Funny Farm is in a warped sort of way. Everyone puts on heirs to the Rockwellian small town when they're paid, otherwise they're just as corrupt and despicable as the cityfolk. The seeds for Pierce Hawthorne are in the character of Andy Farmer.

What a pisser.
                Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-21-2011, 01:33 PM.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Slipped and fell on the ice yesterday...shoulder hurts. Hope you back feels better Bobby, but be content that I have some sympathy pain going for you.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• FUNNY FARM is a gem. I think it unfairly gets dismissed because people assume that it has the shitty Chevy Chase factor going on. Far from it, he's aces in it. AIRPLANE is a perfect film.
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I think it was because it was the last gasp of a great streak of 80s movies, as Caddyshack II helped annihilate all of that goodwill in one stroke. And then Fletch Lives came to sound the death knell.

I love Funny Farm.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Funny Farm is one of my favorite Chase movies ever. So much win.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Gah! Sorry to hear about your aches and pains, Bobby and Matt! Get well soon, the pair of ya!

Comment

• Yup Funny Farm is greatness. As a kid it was that and Money Pit all the damn time.

Comment

• Money Pit? Yep. Watched the hell out of that shit - Shelley Long was kind of smashable in that flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                My Week with Marilyn

Michelle Williams is quickly becoming my favorite actress. She will get nominated. Everything else is forgettable.
                                I generally don't like her, and I was fucking pissed that they cast her, because all the fashion blogs were posting photos, and the pictures weren't really doing her justice as Marilyn. It was still coming off as a real disconnect. And then I saw the trailers, and... I get it. She's got the mannerisms down perfectly. When you've been watching Marilyn movies for as long as I have, you get to see which actresses have got a handle on her when the filming starts. So as much as I generally don't like her, I do want to see this, because I think she's going to be really good.
                                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Working...
                                X