No announcement yet.

Assassins Creed 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You shall get your review next week Howard. Lesley just came home with it. I <3 my girlfriend. Woot.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

This game is pretty great so far.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

This thread has Creed and ass, how is Hocken not all over this bitch?
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I'm really digging this game so far. The amount of missions you can do is pretty nice. It's not feeling as repetitive as the original, and I actually dig the main character this time around. The "Tomb Raider" type dungeons are a nice change of pace as well. Gives you more of a reason to HARDCORE PARKOUR over everything. But the story makes no sense to me. I guess I should have paid attention, but creepy Kristin Bell in the beginning freaked me out.

Comment

The first one was sooooo ugh though. What does this one do to fix that? I want to love an assassin game with HARDCORE PARCOUR.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Review is up.

Warning: it is long, like Zombie John Holmes.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Awesome, so awesome. Because of you we will be busting our ass to get our review system proper. So much win. PM your email again.

Comment

Bra-fucking-zo, good sir. Thanks to you, I now must try out this game. Fuck face.
                  The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Seriously. Russ just knocks all of this shit outta the park. We must lock him down! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      Awesome, so awesome. Because of you we will be busting our ass to get our review system proper. So much win. PM your email again.
                      Good deal. I tried to format it correctly, but I just made myself a whiskey slurpee, so fuck that noise Farmer Bill.

P.S., glad you and nerdious liked it.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Still loving this fucking game. Just learned the "jump grab" move. I'm digging the fact that you're constantly learning new stuff as you go through the game. I think I'm maybe half way through? I just keep doing side quests non stop.

Comment

From BillyG at the CHUD thread:

What it really boils down to is, the game is boring. Everything that was fresh and new in AC1 is still here, but no better. They literally did nothing to improve upon AC1. Where I gave AC1 a pass on so many things (piss poor combat system, clunky free running, bad story telling) AC2 shouldn't be given such consideration. The engine was there, it just needed polish. Instead of polishing the free running and climbing engine (and jesus the climbing is mind numbing here, I actually avoiding climbing this time) Ubisoft just tossed in a bunch of side quests that require you to use these rough and unfinished mechanics. I'm actually pissed off at this game for taking 20 hours away from Dragon Age or MW2.

And if this is the game experience of the year for you, go immediately to Amazon and get Dragon Age for $39. Or Batman. Or Torchlight. Torchlight is much more fulfilling than AC2.
                          I fully expect Ubisoft to shoehorn in the animus again. The storytelling is so that it would only make sense to do that. I loved how to continue the story after you've beat the game the tech girl says they've rigged up an animus in the van so you can keep practicing. If you can run the animus in a fucking moving vehicle why stay in the warehouse where everyone keeps saying "the Templar will find us and fucking rape our mouths when they do" ?!

This game angers me. What a disappointment. It gave such high hopes, then did nothing with those hopes but throw them from a rooftop with no conveniently placed cart of hay to save them.
                          Youse guys are just Ubisoft plants.
                          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Obviously.

Or Bilbo ShiftyG is a hateful jabberwocky.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

That whole thread is full of fail. Except for Kate. As for the story? Who the fuck knows what is going on? Not I. Although that's because I didn't pay attention in the beginning. I just enjoy checking out the cities, killing stupid motherfuckers that walk on roofs and hiring whores.

Comment

He's good people. I'm sure B_Metal would vouch that too.

Also. Has the check from Ubisoft cleared yet?
                                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X