Mixed Martial Arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

his cock tattoo makes me laugh.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

...I suppose, I guess I'm just an MMA snob. I've been a fan since the beginning and I have seen a lot of shit. But Brock is on a whole 'nother level. Mostly I'm pissed because he fucking nearly killed geriatric Couture. Heavyweights are lame anyway, all the fun is in light heavy, middle and welter.
      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
        his cock tattoo makes me laugh.
        I guess when you're a crazed animal the tattoo artist doesn't say "you sure about this cock looking tattoo bro?" And yes, it does look exactly like that.

Originally posted by BiG B View Post
        ...I suppose, I guess I'm just an MMA snob. I've been a fan since the beginning and I have seen a lot of shit. But Brock is on a whole 'nother level. Mostly I'm pissed because he fucking nearly killed geriatric Couture. Heavyweights are lame anyway, all the fun is in light heavy, middle and welter.
        You'd love WEC if you haven't checked it out already. All little guys going apeshit. Also I feel your pain for Couture getting rocked but the champ's gotta face all challengers.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

WEC is okay...kinda like watch College sports or minor league baseball...
          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Originally posted by BiG B View Post
            WEC is okay...kinda like watch College sports or minor league baseball...
            Those guys are just as skilled, the only difference is the weight classes now. Once Zuffa had any say in the company they got rid of the guys at higher weights who couldn't make the UFC and kept the lower weight guys that can compete. Hell Dana weight himself said the only difference between the two is weight classes and exposure. It's cool though, you don't like little people. I get it.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Yep.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post

Yep.
                Comical and in earlier days maybe much more true. Today, not so much. Ask Michael Bisping.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwEyE...eature=related

Fedor vs Tim Sylvia - animated
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

The whole thing is a fad.

One day, we'll be back to the glory days of the Coliseum, Spaniard.

Oh yes...we will...now don't spend my monies on QUEER GIRAFFES AGAIN!
                    Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-17-2009, 09:31 AM.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                      The whole thing is a fad.

One day, we'll be back to the glory days of the Coliseum, Spaniard.

Oh yes...we will...now don't spend my monies on QUEER GIRAFFES AGAIN!
                      *golf clap*

But lets be honest MMA is going to be around for quite some time.

Comment

Rewatching the Mir/Lesnar fight, it might have ended quite differently if Mir's jumping knee hadn't left him on his back pressed up against the cage. It totally rocked Lesnar and he wobbles and falls to a knee, but Mir fell flat on his back afterwords and Lesnar dropped ontop of him and just held position til he recovered and pounded out a win.

IMO Carwin has all the tools to pull out a win, namely size, a great wrestling pedigree and huge heavy hands, and I'm more interested in seeing him get a shot over Cain Velasquez (who only survived the Congo fight because Congo has no ground game), Nog (who I love dearly but will just be manhandled like Mir) or them stalling for a possible Fedor fight.

Maybe Crop Cop if he gets back into his left-foot cemetary groove and sprawls like a mother fucker.. but he just hasn't been impressive since the GP and if he got put on his back it would be all over.
                        XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

Originally posted by Trejo View Post
                          Rewatching the Mir/Lesnar fight, it might have ended quite differently if Mir's jumping knee hadn't left him on his back pressed up against the cage. It totally rocked Lesnar and he wobbles and falls to a knee, but Mir fell flat on his back afterwords and Lesnar dropped ontop of him and just held position til he recovered and pounded out a win.

IMO Carwin has all the tools to pull out a win, namely size, a great wrestling pedigree and huge heavy hands, and I'm more interested in seeing him get a shot over Cain Velasquez (who only survived the Congo fight because Congo has no ground game), Nog (who I love dearly but will just be manhandled like Mir) or them stalling for a possible Fedor fight.

Maybe Crop Cop if he gets back into his left-foot cemetary groove and sprawls like a mother fucker.. but he just hasn't been impressive since the GP and if he got put on his back it would be all over.
                          Yeah, I think Carwin would put up the most fight and that's really all I want to see, competitive fights. Velasquez is good but has holes that I think Lesnar would exploit. Nog would end up like Mir as you said and honestly I don't want to see Nog get his face exploded, I like the guy too much. And Cro Cop? I don't think he's big enough to keep Lesnar off of him. The guy really is that big and good at wrestling. Plus I don't see Dana giving any big fights to Cro Cop after he hauled ass......again.

Comment

Only reason I mention Cro Cop is cause he's back in the UFC with a *signed* 3 fight deal, and if he beat a couple solid guys the division is so lacking in serious contenders that he'd probably get thrown in there anyway.

He hasn't been throwing the kick out these days with the same reckless abandon and desire to decapitate as he used to.. and you're right, I'm sure he'd be even more reluctant against a huge wrestler like Lesnar, but it only takes one and I would pay all kinds of money to see him kick Brock into mild retardation.

There's just no interest in HW as long as a giant GnP wrestler is ruling the roost with a 40-50lb weight advantage over everyone, leaving guys like Mir, Cro Cop, Gonzaga and Congo and legends like Nog and Randy twiddling their thumbs. Maybe I'm just being biased because I have no problem with guys like GSP/Silva dominating their respective weights, but they also don't have the advantage of tipping the scale on a 60lb divide, switch or are talking about switching up divisions and have a larger talent pool of competition to work with (and have both been completely upset in the past). As you said, competitive fights
                            XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

Carlin predicted Lesnar back in the mid-90s when he described the unwashed Jersey caveman:

"I know how to deal with these motherfuckers. You get yourself a lead pipe and beat 'em over the head about fifty or sixty times and they'll drop like A FUCKING ROCK."
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

I get why others are not digging on Lesnar but can we leave the shitty "he wais morzorz" argument at home? It's not like they changed the weight class for the guy. It has ALWAYS been between those two weights. It's not his fault he is half albino gorilla, and if other fighters want to use that excuse they should bulk up or move down in weight divisions. No one has a problem with Alves cutting damn near 30 lbs then putting 80% of it back on before the fight so why should Lesnar have to answer that bullshit?

Also Barnett failed a drug test for roids. So much for his limelight fight with Fedor.

Comment

Working...
                                X