No announcement yet.

They Don't Make It Anymore. . . Defunct Foods You Miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You smuggled a cheese steak in through airport security? Girl, you are awesome!
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• *Wonders if Nathan ever reenacted that one scene from Spinal Tap at the airport*
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• please don't beat me to death or neg rep me for this, but i've never seen it, so i can't give you an answer to that. *cowers in a corner awaiting verbal abuse*
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Yet you have seen Twilight. *glares* Sighs. We all have our guilty pleasures.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by ingrid View Post
            please don't beat me to death or neg rep me for this, but i've never seen it, so i can't give you an answer to that. *cowers in a corner awaiting verbal abuse*
            Oookay, it's all right - just log off, turn around, head to the nearest video store, and rent it now, before an angry mob forms. I'll cover you!
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• I will educate.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Freshen Up: The Gum That Goes "Squirt!"

Remember this shit? Thick squares of gum, in peppermint, spearmint & cinnamon flavors, filled with a fluid vaguely reminiscent of the flavor of the gum encapsulating it, and the consistency of day old Ny-Quil. I'm not sure why, because I wasn't especially enamored with this stuff, but if I ever saw a pack now, I'd totally buy it.

Also, lime green Starburst. I recall these being around in the original 5 flavor packs & bags (remember? They had a pattern printed on the individual wrappers that looked like scales?) in the mid 1970's. They disappeared suddenly & quietly about the same time the 1st wave of red M&M's did. I presume therefore there was a probblem with the coloring agents. But they had a terrific, sour lime tatste that the brand has never equalled.
                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I never saw lime green Starburst - that sounds fantastic!

I loved Freshen Up - LOVED it! That and the original Bubble Yum were probably my two favorite gums when I was a kid.

Comment

• There will never be a bbubble gum I like more than grape Bubble Yum.

Also, thinking of Starburst reminded me of another thing: remember "Pacers"? They were like white, mint flavored Starburst. They disappeared in an eyeblink, but the one time I did manage to get some, I recall really liking them.

At about the same time, I remember seeing all different kinds of Chunky bars. Ones with just peanuts, no raisins; or with almonds as opposed to peanuts, with or without raisins, and more I can't recall. Nowadays, milk chocolate with peanuts & raisins - great as that is - is all you can get.
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                      Unless the internet is deceiving me, I may be able to track these down on home turf....
                      Behold, the haul from today's lunch hour!

"The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Tastykake can't be rare. They sell them in Walmart.
                        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Is that a Cookies and Cream bar?
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
                            Is that a Cookies and Cream bar?
                            It is. That's not too hard to find, but the rest might as well have been gold brand dust.
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Freeze the 3 Musketeers, enjoy the Butterfinger right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                Freeze the 3 Musketeers, enjoy the Butterfinger right away.
                                The wrapper claims that it's "A lighter way to enjoy chocolate."™ Pardon my soon to be revealed ignorance, but surely freezing would be contrary to the whole endeavour? Wouldn't that turn it into some form of "ice pop?"

Comment

Working...
                                X