X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would Ninja Turtles be considered 6"?
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

5" I do believe, but I haven't paid much attention to the Turtle line for years. 2009 is their 25th anniversary, so the original figures are going to be re-released!
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

My kids have so many fucking turtles it's ridiculous...

Comment

Have they made a Nova figure yet? One with the new costume design anyway? Inquiring nerds wanna know. Yeah, he isn't a technical "legend" yet, but he's getting there.

And I don't know if it has been mentioned, but any mention/rumor/scuttlebutt of a Galactus figure?
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Galactus was a put together figure in one of the sets...you had to find all of the series to get him...From what I saw he is pretty badass.

Comment

DO WANT.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

The Galactus wave shall be talked about very soon.

As for Nova, he is due to come out in the last set of Legends, but his costume looks classic to me.

Comment

In the 80's, action figures were everywhere, and so were playsets and vehicles. Toy lines like Star Wars, He-Man, and GI Joe thrived off of not only figures, but tons of vehicles, ships, environments, playsets, etc. Hell, lines like M.A.S.K packed each figure with a vehicle. But in the start of the new millennium, those types of items were no longer feasible. The rising cost of plastic, along with the greater size of figures and lack of space on store shelves, made huge playests impossible. Collectors asked why figures couldn't be packed with pieces of a larger accessory, so when you got a full set of figures, you could connect all the pieces to build a vehicle or something. The toy companies would always give us the same old answer: If collectors couldn't get all the figures in a set, then they'd be pissed that they wouldn't be able to complete their build-a-thingy.

Marvel Legends Series 9 finally changed that.

The Galactus wave brought forth a new concept, the build-a-figure. Each figure came with a piece of Galactus, and after purchasing all seven figures, you could connect all the pieces to have your very own 18" Galactus figure. Toy Biz was able to fix the distribution problems that hit the line hard the past few waves, so finding all the figures in the set was a breeze. And we may have lost out on the bases, but the build-a-figure so totally made up for it.

This line gave us Classic Grey Hulk, which was a fairly large figure with a much more "Frankenstien" looking sculpt than any other Hulk. He also had a green variant, which I actually found.

Deathlok was another great figure, but he suffered from the huge ball shoulders.

Doctor Strange was a much needed addition to the line, and he didn't disappoint at all. His cape was easily removable, but it did restrict mobility slighty when he had it on. Great sculpt though.

War Machine was simply amazing. He had a removable mask to reveal Mr Rhodes, and he could connect to a clear stand to make it look like he was flying. All that and he had a bunch of missiles and blast effects that could be attached to his gun torrents and his hands. Simply a great figure.

Bullseye was a good sculpt, but he had no weapons of any kind. He did have a variant with a different head sculpt, which I also found.

Prof. X wasn't the most exciting figure, but he was still a great addition. A little Cerebro helmet could be placed on his head, and he had his trademark wheelchair. Actually, he's probably the most poseable handicapped figure ever made.

We also got a great Nightcrawler figure. He may have come with a clear stand as well, but I'm not positive on that. Fantastic sculpt and great paint job, plus his tail was bendy.

Finally, after all was said and done, we could connect our Galactus figure. He was simply amazing. Just as many (if not more) joints as a regular Marvel Legend, with a metallic paint job and a sculpt that captured the world muncher perfectly, made this figure blow collectors mind's away. Sorry if you would have preferred a cloud version instead.

This first build-a-figure has led to b.a.f.'s in more toy lines, like DC Universe Classics and Star Wars. But Toy Biz's b.a.f.'s were the best, as the next one was even better than Galactus.
                  Last edited by Ari; 12-30-2008, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Take a picture with galactus...only wear no clothes and have him cover your man beef.

Comment

He's not big enough.

Comment

WOMP WOMP WOMP....

Comment

I second that idea.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Fine, I'll take a picture with my Galactus...

then after that, I'll take one with the toy.

ZINGA!

Comment

BALLSACKTUS!

A shame to hear that they aren't using the Adi Granov design for the Nova figure. It's got the same sexpanther sheen (not related to Charlie) that the current Iron Man design enjoys.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X