Night of the Living Dead: Tom Savini Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night of the Living Dead: Tom Savini Remake

Watching this now. Love the fuck outta Bill Mosely. "We're coming to get your Barbara." Wish he didn't die right away. I love this remake. Works perfectly. Some decent gore, makeup, and TONY "MOFUCKING CANDYMAN" TODD is great in it. Still prefer the slow zombies. If you haven't seen this remake yet, check it out. Great little movie.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Really dug that flick. Been a long time. Hope it holds up.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

It totally does for the most part. I <3 it. One of my favs.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I watched it a long ass time ago and totally wasn't into it. I'll give it another try, though.
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

SHUN!

IT's great. But I grew up on the original. Which it pretty much is, minus a few twists here and there. But I also love THE TODD. And Savini. His zombies are still my favorite.

Comment

Even Patricia Tallman was awesome. She kicks the lady-dick off of the original basketcase Barbara.

Ignoring the fact she went on the become the "She-Bitch" from Army of Darkness, she shoots Tom Towles!

(Tom don't take shit from no one! Ever seen Fortress? Yeah, that's what I thought. Not even cloned robo-retard soldiers could breaka his stride. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.)

The fact she got away with it, enacting a vengeance of sorts on Cooper, makes it a nice companion piece to the original. Wherein the original had the dour ending which served to highlight the sorts of race issues and assassinations of people trying to affect change, Savini's moves on to feminism and the role of gender as not having any bearing on who survives. Also, there was a more cathartic ending (pussified one might say) where the embodiment of the worst things in that microcosm of the world (the farmhouse) gets his ass shot.

I blame film theory discussion on what just fell out of my brain.

Either way, I like 'em both. But for aesthetic reasons (i.e., the awesome make-up effects/Tony Todd being cast), I usually pick the '90 remake to watch.
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-15-2008, 01:15 PM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

And I do like how the took the catatonic Barbara from the original and slowly made her into a B-movie Ripley in this one.

Comment

Indeed. That character arc is always cool to see when the person in question seems like they are believable.

Example of where it goes horribly astray: any and all Kristanna Loken films.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Totally agree with you on the racism vs. sexism. I remember writing a paper on that very subject. This movie gets overlooked too much I think.

Comment

Ed needs to watch this flick.

Comment

It's available instantly right now I believe...I don't think it has ever been released on DVD
                      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Um, I own it on dvd. you fail.

http://www.amazon.com/Night-Living-D...8853893&sr=8-1

Comment

Originally posted by B Grande View Post
                          It's available instantly right now I believe...
                          OH SHIT IS IT?
                          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

but if it's on instant and it's the remake than EVERYONE NEEDS TO WATCH IT.

Comment

Its good. Better than the OG. More fun to watch anyway.
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X