OH MARVEL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH MARVEL!

Marvel is cancelling Uncanny X-Men and relaunching with a new #1.

Why? Well, Cyclops and Wolverine finally fight over clashing ideology and people get sad.

Still not DC relaunch stupid, but the ball is rolling.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

OOOH ARE WE GOING TO HAVE MULTIPLE COVERS TO COLLECT?!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

If it's Wednesday, it must be the dying gasps of an American medium.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Is this change going to take, or is this another Age of Apocalypse type stunt? And speaking of AoA, talk about something that hasn't aged well...
        Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

The idea for AoA is solid as a "What if" premise, but those fucking costumes.

BANDANAS, LONG HAIR AND TRIBALS FOR EVERYONE 2EXTREMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

(Magneto splitting Pocky in twain was still awesome)
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
            The idea for AoA is solid as a "What if" premise, but those fucking costumes.

BANDANAS, LONG HAIR AND TRIBALS FOR EVERYONE 2EXTREMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

(Magneto splitting Pocky in twain was still awesome)
            It had some good moments, and was a sort of solid idea, but you're right when you say the aesthetic is sort of dated.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
              Is this change going to take, or is this another Age of Apocalypse type stunt? And speaking of AoA, talk about something that hasn't aged well...

They're trying to pull a Bendis and spin a brand-new take out of it. Where Wolverine, Blade, Devil Dinosaur, Deadpool, Franklin Richards, Machine Man and Jarvis can be on a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                They're trying to pull a Bendis and spin a brand-new take out of it. Where Wolverine, Blade, Devil Dinosaur, Deadpool, Franklin Richards, Machine Man and Jarvis can be on a team.
                If that was the actual team I'd buy that shit in a second!

"Someone get this flamin dinosaur out of my way.". The shit just writes itself...

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                  Devil Dinosaur, Machine Man and Jarvis can be on a team.
                  Take all of my money.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

That team would actually make me give a shit about X-Men again. Hell, Marvel could stop publishing all their other titles and release 52 titles featuring Wolverine, Blade, Devil Dinosaur, Deadpool, Franklin Richards, Machine Man and Jarvis in all sorts of hijinks, and I'd buy 'em in a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      That team would actually make me give a shit about X-Men again. Hell, Marvel could stop publishing all their other titles and release 52 titles featuring Wolverine, Blade, Devil Dinosaur, Deadpool, Franklin Richards, Machine Man and Jarvis in all sorts of hijinks, and I'd buy 'em in a shot.

No such luck. I hold Marvel to a higher standard though, as they are able to learn from their mistakes and pull something out of nothing. An ability that DC lost in the Reagan Years and never got back.

That being said...the X-Books are selling about as low as they did in the 70s currently.

Comment

Doesn't surprise me - X-Men were riding high for so long, a drop in interest was inevitable, Wolverine or no Wolverine. Plus, so many X-titles with so many concurrent storylines and characters really makes those titles difficult for new readers to get into (how many are there now anyway?).

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                          Doesn't surprise me - X-Men were riding high for so long, a drop in interest was inevitable, Wolverine or no Wolverine. Plus, so many X-titles with so many concurrent storylines and characters really makes those titles difficult for new readers to get into (how many are there now anyway?).
                          A few years ago I tried to get back into the books. I bought one issue and decided it wasn't worth the effort. Not at the 4 bucks they were charging for 20 pages of content. Trades are much better.

Generally I don't follow titles anymore; I follow creators. I'm interested in Grant Morrison and maybe Warren Ellis and that's about it right now. Comics just aren't fit to wrap fish in anymore.

Come to think of it, I miss the random weirdness from the 80s, when Marvel used to put out a bunch of different books and different kinds of books. But that was before the industry took a dive and everything got grim'n'gritty. There's just no room for a character like Brother Voodoo anymore.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Same here re: trades. Easier and cheaper to wait a couple of months and snag the trade so I can polish it off in a sitting or two.

I tried getting into some of the recent Spider-Man books, but was kind of "meh" about 'em. Yes, they do recapture some of the pre-marriage feel, but a lot of it just feels like a retread of stuff I read before. Kind of cool to see him as a member of the FF now, though.

Comment

Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
                              A few years ago I tried to get back into the books. I bought one issue and decided it wasn't worth the effort. Not at the 4 bucks they were charging for 20 pages of content. Trades are much better.

Generally I don't follow titles anymore; I follow creators. I'm interested in Grant Morrison and maybe Warren Ellis and that's about it right now. Comics just aren't fit to wrap fish in anymore.

Come to think of it, I miss the random weirdness from the 80s, when Marvel used to put out a bunch of different books and different kinds of books. But that was before the industry took a dive and everything got grim'n'gritty. There's just no room for a character like Brother Voodoo anymore.

Brother Voodoo took over for Dr. Strange for about a year. It didn't work out. Just ended his reign about six months ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X