Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassins Creed 2

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/17/re...ssins-creed-2/

But worry not, friends. Ubisoft has taken the rougher but ultimately more rewarding path, and pushed the series forward so far with Assassin's Creed II that it leaves the original looking like a mere proof of concept.
    The first Assassin's Creed was a polarizing experience, with reactions split between between people who were bored by the repetition of a few basic missions, and those who were so smitten by the core combat and free running that they didn't mind the drawbacks so much. Though I was soundly in the second group, I'd have no problem recommending Assassin's Creed II to the first.

Assassin's Creed II's main story missions take new leading man Ezio on a quest for vengeance through 15th century Italy, testing his climbing, combat and stealth skills in dozens of different ways with few recycled ideas. While several are variations on a theme (traveling to key spots to clear out guards, for example), they're all so well integrated with the story that I never experienced the déjà vu that was so constant in the last game. You could play through just those missions, never straying from the path, and glean just under 20 hours of continuous fun -- it's that large of an undertaking.
    Uh ohes.

Kotaku loved it as well.....

So did IGN (which we all know isn't the best barometer, but still)
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Still a rental first for me.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I haz no monies!

This one better not be repetitive as fuck like the first game. I'll buy this when it's cheaper or rent it.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

So is this game any good? I know Russ has it and every review I've read says that this game does what the first game should have done. I can get this game on Amazon for $22, thanks to my credits. And! If I jacked Rob's Amazon code he initially gave me, I could get it for $12!
        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Fucking do it. I never used it. You earned it fair and square.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

*looks on disapprovingly*
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Goddammit. Do you hate fun too? Do I need to lump you in with Hocken now?

Comment

Allow me my one cross. I hardly shit on fun. Just on shitty titles.
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

Ok. You get this one.

Comment

Howard, I think you need to play the second game and then report back to us.

Comment

Honestly? I'll try it if you and Rob give it glowing reviews. (please be honest). Conceptually, this is a game right up my alley. I do want to love it.

Comment

But would you trust my game reviews though? I love the hell out of L4D2 and Rob keeps hating on it.

Comment

My reasons are purely personal though. AS a game L4D2 is miles better than the first one.

Comment

As long as the review is on technical merits, then yes I'll trust the review. Personal stuff is so, well subjective.

Comment

I am nothing, if not fair. Truth. (but woe any company that incurs my wrath - *looks at Ubisoft*).

Comment

Working...
                              X