Braindead Radio Episode 11: Above The Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha. Yeah, he did well this episode.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
      Still I really enjoy that end song.
      And me. It's chugtastic. Nice use of the hammer-on solo from "We Are 138", too.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

According to Nick Meyer. That chest in Khan is pure Montalban.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
          According to Nick Meyer. That chest in Khan is pure Montalban.
          If that were ever debunked - unlikely, since I choose to believe that it's legit - it would forever taint the movie a little. Not enough to ruin it, not even close, but just enough to make it kinda bothersome.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

That chest is AWESOME.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I've always heard it was a fake chest.

ALWAYS.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post

ALWAYS.
                I may have to raise my fingers to my ears, if this tangent continues.

Comment

ALWAYS.
                  The rumors about a fake chest come from the fact the fake scar put on Khan chest was done poorly and put doubt on the chest. At least that's what I hope.

Comment

ALWAYS.
                    Lalalalalalalalalala. Ari is a mean dork. Lalalalalalalalalalalala.
                    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

It has been widely debated that Ricardo Montalban's chest was actually a prosthetic piece that he wore during the film. In the director's commentary in the special edition DVD, Nicholas Meyer is quoted as saying that it was, in fact, Montalban's actual chest and that he was a very muscular man who worked out. During publicity for the movie, during an appearance on "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962), Montalban explained that he was able to achieve the look seen in the film by doing push-ups. "A lot of push-ups."
                        From IMDB
                        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Well I'm more than happy to be wrong in this case.
                          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

This episode...was fucking great, guys. Really, really funny.

Where does one procure the song at the end? The Shakira/faux-Danzig mash-up belongs on every iPod.

Oh, and the readings from the Book of Hocken are awesome.
                            Last edited by gravedigger; 01-28-2010, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks man! Glad you dug it!

Here's a link to the song.

And the video...

And appreciated on the Book of Hocken thing. We're having fun with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X