No announcement yet.

Red Dead Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God I stayed up late last night working on challenges. Fuck rank 4 hunter. Kill two cougars with your knife, and collect their pelts. Well first of all, cougars are fairly random, but there are a few places they spawn a decent amount. I patrolled around Fort Mercer to get mine. The way I killed them (and I still died many times) was when I heard the cougar coming close or actually saw them prowling (rare) I would go into Dead Eye and with a revolver (high powered pistol would kill them) shoot their rear leg. This would enjoy them, and they will run off a bit. Track them down, because they are still faster then you on foot, and try to take them out with your knife. God, that quest is a pain.

Comment

• Wait until the fucking bear you have to kill, buddy.

WITH A MOTHERFUCKIN' KNIFE.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I read about the bear, but honestly, not that worried about a bear. I see bears all the time, and you can see them coming. They don't sneak up on you, and they are easy to find. The reason cougars killed me over and over was that they would sneak up on me, or a second would find me while I was tracking the first. My sharpshooter right now is to kill bears with one shot. Here comes the buffalo rifle.

Comment

• I thought it was bad enough having to kill wolves with just a knife. I have cougars and BEARS to look forward to? I'm nervous and excited. Haven't seen a single bear yet but I still haven't visited probably a quarter of the north half of the map.

I need to find me some boars right now as that's about the only challenge I can do because Mexico isn't unlocked yet. I've only seen one, south of MacFarlane farm and it was being chased by some dude.

Comment

• Boars all over north of MacFarlane. Look at your map. Whatever is drawn onto the map is accurate. Heavy concentration of whatever animal is drawn onto that area. You won't see bears until you unlock the far north territory. So I killed the bears with one shot, using the buffalo rifle and a headshot. Holy shit, like 9 bears spawned in a row. Intense as hell.

Comment

• Got all the treasure from the maps today, found a few new treasure chests as well I never found before. I am missing three locations in West Elisabeth, but I can't figure out what they are. I know I am missing a hideout as well. Kind of sucks that there is a hideout that they never designed any missions around. Also knocked out all my survivalist and sharpshooter challenges. The final sharpshooter was surprisingly easy. Looks like it's time to shank a bear next. Not looking forward to it, since like 15 bears killed me while searching for bighorn and elk. Also, pissed that there is an achievement for skinning 18 grizzlies. I have killed like 30, but due to running for my life or getting killed I've only skinned 3.

Comment

• Wow.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• What I do!?

Comment

• Haha, I still haven't gotten out of mexico yet
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I haven't got TO mexico yet. Lulz.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Haha, neither have I. It's too fun dicking around with the challenges and random encounters. I've finally started working missions pretty much solely so I can continue with the challenges, most of which require I be in Mexico now.

I must say I love the dialogue in this game. All the travelling in the story missions has really painted an interesting story and characters. Marston needs chapstick like whoa, though.

Comment

• hahahaha yeah on the chapstick. Also I just can't bring myself to do story shit, not when there's birds and coyote's to shoot. FUCKIMLAZYLIKECEEJ!!!
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• You guys are missing so much. I would recommend at least doing the story to the point of the first Agent Ross quest in Blackwater. At that point the entire world is open, and he hands you a .45 to enjoy, so all the weapons also become available. Then just go nuts.

Comment

• BUT ALAN WAKE NEEDS TO BE FINISHED FIRST.

Seriously, I love that stupid game.

Comment

• taking a bit of a break from the game. Still love it, but I kinda burned out on it when I cranked through Mexico in a few long gaming sessions. I'll probably start up again this weekend.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X