George Kuffs
    8.33%
    Will Scarlett
    8.33%
    Riley Hale
    0.00%
    Other
    33.33%
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

True Romance. 'nuff said.

Close contender: Heathers
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Clarence Worely for the win!

Comment

Oh shit, I forgot that he was in Prince of Thieves. Haha.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I didn't know he was in it either. But I haven't seen the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            Oh shit, I forgot that he was in Prince of Thieves. Haha.
            THAT is his best role.
            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Holy shit! You need to get on that. It's fucking Kevin Costner as Robin Hood! Plus it has the best treeforts since Return of the Jedi.

Comment

While I'd like to see Morgan Freeman as a muslim, it's not on my priority list. Even though I remember how huge that movie was at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  Holy shit! You need to get on that. It's fucking Kevin Costner as Robin Hood! Plus it has the best treeforts since Return of the Jedi.
                  Mother fucking tree forts WERE from Return of the Jedi!

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
                  The final and most extensive regeneration of the classic Star Wars toy within the context of another product line occurred in 1992, with Kenner's release of their toys for the Kevin Costner vehicle, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Much of the film was set in the legendary Sherwood Forest, in the treetop lair of Robin Hood's band, and the bulk of Kenner's line was focused on this woodland environment. But despite the prominence of Sherwood Forest in the film, Kenner's focus on it served another purpose; namely, it provided them with the opportunity to re-release several Return of the Jedi and Power of the Force toys, which had originally been developed as accessories to Kenner's many Ewok figures. All in all, a full 50% of the accessories in the Robin Hood line were recycled products; of four total figure-related toys, two, the Battle Wagon and Sherwood Forest Playset, were drawn from Star Wars. An action figure was even recycled, the only instance in which a figure developed for Star Wars was adapted to another property.
                  In contrast to the rather lackluster Batman Sonic Neutralizer, all of Kenner's recycled Robin Hood product was conceived with real ingenuity; none of the adapted Star Wars toys seemed out of place or conceptually weak. The largest of them, the Sherwood Forest Playset, was a significantly altered rendition of the Ewok Village playset of 1983. In many ways, the Return of the Jedi toy was absolutely perfect for the Robin Hood line. Not only did the merry men of the film occupy a treetop fortress very similar to that of the Ewoks in its composition of huts and platforms, the various net traps and pulley-operated action features of the Ewok Village playset were ideal for approximating the booby traps utilized in the Robin Hood film. Kenner's changes to the toy were simple but very effective. Firstly, they got rid of the inappropriate fire pit and spit of the Ewok Village, as well as its primitive throne, in which C-3PO was meant to be carried about by Ewoks. Secondly, in order to make the bare trunks of the toy's trees appear more lifelike, a thin garnish of plastic was added to their tops in imitation of leafy greenery. Finally, some slight paint changes and four railing-mounted spear launchers completed Kenner's transformation of their Endorian village into a convincing medieval hideout. Although it is somewhat debatable as to which playset was more successful, the Robin Hood or the Ewok, I think it's indisputable that the "leaves" of the later toy represented a substantial improvement. And, let's face it, take Ewoks out of the equation and any toy is improved.
                  The two additional Star Wars toys that were recycled into the Robin Hood line were the Ewok catapult and Ewok Battle Wagon. Oddly enough, both of these items appeared as components of the same product, the Robin Hood Battle Wagon. Kenner's modifications to the Ewok toy were fairly extensive. Most obviously, they added bronze plastic shield accessories to the notches along the Battle Wagon's side walls, changed the color of the battering ram's face from white to bronze, and added plastic strips to the wheels and battering ram in simulation of riveted straps of steel. Additionally, the colors of some of the plastic parts were altered and plastic details were added to the roof of the vehicle on which the catapult could be mounted. Aside from some color modifications, the catapult that was included with the Robin Hood Battle Wagon appears to be virtually unchanged from the one released as part of the Return of the Jedi line.
                  The one recycled Kenner Star Wars product to have remained unmentioned up to this point is also one of the most interesting: the Friar Tuck action figure. Since the Friar Tuck character in the Robin Hood film was always shown garbed beneath a baggy brown robe, Kenner must have determined that the details of his body could be fudged somewhat. Besides, what kid in his right mind would want to go peeking under the fat friar's robe? Consequently, they decided to base the body on that of an existing figure, namely the Gamorrean Guard from their Return of the Jedi line of 1983. Not only did the Gamorrean figure have the physical bulk required for a metamorphoses into Friar Tuck, its primitive sandals and hairy garments translated well into medieval footwear and skivvies, respectively. However, close comparison of the two figures reveals that their bodies bear significant differences. Specifically, much of the Gamorrean's rather roughly sculpted details were smoothed out on the Tuck figure, and several significant modifications were made, including the removal of the Gamorrean's chest plate and the addition on the Tuck figure of a knife, which appears on the character's belt. So, the Gamorrean body did not serve directly as the basis for Friar Tuck. It's possible that Kenner merely based their sculpt of the Tuck figure on the older Gamorrean. But, nevertheless, the close relationship between the two toys is indisputable.
                  Last edited by Ari; 03-26-2009, 09:01 AM.
                  Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                  John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Well...son of a bitch. There you have it.

Comment

Holy shit! Conspiracy!
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Yeah, how come JD from Heathers is not there?

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                          Yeah, how come JD from Heathers is not there?
                          That's what the other button is for. I figure if I had JD, someone would bitch about not having the guy from Broken Arrow on there.

Comment

Holy shit! Goddammit Ed, you need to have a choice for EVERY MOVIE he's starred in. haha

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                              That's what the other button is for. I figure if I had JD, someone would bitch about not having the guy from Broken Arrow on there.

Weak. Take a lap.

Comment

Working...
                              X