Oscars Bullshit 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscars Bullshit 2018

Yes this thread might be too early but fuck it.

All the Oscar bitches seem to think Spielberg's The Post will be one of the big dogs and while I'll be there opening night (the Beard remains my favorite filmmaker and will eternally have my $15 at the box-office)... this strikes me as another Charlie Wilson's War/Dreamgirls. Too preordained based on the talent and subject matter without a frame of footage on display. We'll see.

Nothing seems to be stirring up a storm in the festival circuits as years past. The Florida Project is great but save for Willem Dafoe in "Best Supporting Actor" (which he will win) and cinematography, not much to see in terms of nominations.

My instinct* is another Picture/Director split with Nolan finally breaking his Spielberg curse for Dunkirk and... Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri for top-prize. Topical given the current climate in Hollywood (plus possible connect-the-dots appeal to the Clinton sore-loser cry-babies) and it's apparently really good. Hopefully we get to see it this coming weekend.

*Wrong 99.9999999999% of the time!
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

There is no doubt in my mind about Dafoe. I love the guy's work, but HOLY SHIT is he good in Florida Project.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

And by all accounts, Oldman is winning this year. Day-Lewis will get in because he's Day-Lewis... even if the performance sucks, a la every non-Doubt Streep nomination since 2000.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Gonna burn someone's house down if Desplat doesn't win for THE SHAPE OF WATER score. Sure, THE LAST JEDI was a huge improvement over THE FORCE AWAKENS but Williams has plenty of awards, Academy. Don't give it to him just because he's John Williams.

Comment

Working...
        X