No announcement yet.

Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only seen the two eps that Encore has aired as I don't have starz but yeah I'd call this a guilty almost pleasure. I'd watch it for free if nothing was on but not paying for another channel to catch it. Also the Ed Hocken production was not meant as harsh as it came out.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I have to admit, I'm hooked on this series. Oh sure, it's over the top violence and CGI wise, but it's grown on me, and now I'm eagerly awaiting each new episode.

Mostly for any chance to ogle Lucy Lawless.

Timmy like. A lot.

Comment

This is some bullshit that inspired a p. dumb workout that's currently sweeping Men's Health Forums like wildfire but yeah I'd plow Lawless's strawberry fields so I'm conflicted which women like
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Like, dudes are all trying to get ridiculous abs and stuff? Or are they all fighting each other with wooden swords?

Also, I'm pretty sure Frank Miller furiously masturbates to this show every week.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger
            Also, I'm pretty sure all normal men furiously masturbate to this show every week.
            Well I don't but only because I don't have Starz.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Holy crap, the old dude playing Solonius has the grossest nipples ever. Barf.

Also, this episode was pretty crazy. Only one episode left! I read somewhere that the dude playing Spartacus has the cancer. I wonder how long that will delay the second season.

Comment

Strangely, the show has either gotten better or I've just become accustomed to the redonkulousness of it all.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                  Holy crap, the old dude playing Solonius has the grossest nipples ever. Barf.

Also, this episode was pretty crazy. Only one episode left! I read somewhere that the dude playing Spartacus has the cancer. I wonder how long that will delay the second season.
                  Well if you're Patrick Swayze the answer is indefinitely.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                    Strangely, the show has either gotten better or I've just become accustomed to the redonkulousness of it all.
                    A bit of both, actually. The main storyline has gotten more compelling, especially now that
                      Spoiler: SPOILER! 
                    Crixus' girlfriend was taken away from him, so now he knows how Spartacus must feel with his wife's death. Plus, now that Spartacus knows who killed his wife - shit's gotta hit the fan next week!

Also, we mustn't forget the breasts of Lawless, amongst many others. They easily wipe all memories (mammaries?) of old man nips.

Special shout-out to John Hannah's Batiatus - my current favorite villain I love to hate. He and Lawless look like they're having a blast being evil.
                    Last edited by Timothy225; 04-10-2010, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Definitely. When Hannah first showed up I was thinking, "really, the comic relief from the MUMMY movies? Really?" but he's been awesome. I loved that he had no problem pulling out the box to get what he wanted. I thought he might keep that one in his pocket for a little longer.

I hadn't really thought about the fallout from the thing with Crixus but that's pretty much the perfect set-up for what happens next week. Should be full of extra digital blood.

Comment

Now THAT was a season finale! Fuck me, but next season is gonna be damn interesting based on how this episode played out.

Comment

Holy shit. I'd say this was over the top but that's a pretty huge understatement. It was inevitably but I'll miss Hannah. He was totally great as the bad guy.

I hope the chick Spartacus finally boned tonight is around next season because, uh, she ain't ugly.

Comment

Agreed on Hannah - you just KNEW he was gonna pay for all the bad shit he did, especially the way they were advertising the season finale (Lawless and Hannah were pretty much locks for their demises - and how fucking bad ass was Crixus where he finally confronted Lucretia?).

Still, part of me was hoping he'd make it to next season. Both he and Lawless really nailed their characters, and just oozed evil.

As a consolation, looks like we get more Iliythia (Viva Bianca)!

Comment

Between this and Kick-Ass, I think I've filled my "flying viscera" quotient for the week.

"Holy shit" is right. What a great finale to what began as the most redonkulous show since Airwolf.

It could have ended up as a strictly kitsch property, but they took it and really ran with it.

Also:
                              Fuckin' Asher...what a douche.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

No kidding. I thought This is Madness was going to get killed, though. I'm glad he lived to fight another day.

Comment

Working...
                                X