Nu DC Universe: Week Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nu DC Universe: Week Two

Mister Terrific: Decent execution, but still boring.

Grifter: It's like if Sawyer starred in a remake of THEY LIVE.

Demon Knights: Great concept plus Paul Cornell, still found it slightly boring.

Batman & Robin: Squandered everything Morrison did to set up the book.

Batwoman: Solid art, great concept...still a bit boring.

Deathstroke: One of the worst mainstream comics on the market.

Frankenstein Agent of S.H.A.D.E.: Jeff Lemire is riding the revamp very high. Best Morrison book not written by Morrison.

Legion Lost: More like Legion Lost up its own ass.

Green Lantern: So, let me get this straight. Johns gets to keep his own GL continuity, but everyone else is told to go piss up a rope? Sinestro rocks.

Red Lanterns: Dex-Starr is the best. Everything else sucks.

Resurrection Man: Solid character. Iffy book.

Suicide Squad: John Ostrander laughs at their inability to relaunch this book worth a fuck.

Superboy: The hardest one to review this week. It started off strong and then turned to a giant pile of shit. It was almost like a 10 year old tried to rewrite the first issue of Supreme Power with a Ben 10 mindset.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Spoiler: Link MIGHT be considered NSFW. Might. Also SPOILERZ! 

DC's really pushing it. Also seems to be losing their minds, too. They're a step or two away from entering Tim Vigil's Faust territory, and it wouldn't surprise me if they get even more graphic before too long.

Ah, but when that magic moment happens, expect Marvel to try and do the same. As much as Disney will let them, however.

Comment

hahahah
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I swear, some of the books I flipped through at my buddy's shop... fan fiction writers seem to be calling the shots at DC.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
          I swear, some of the books I flipped through at my buddy's shop... fan fiction writers seem to be calling the shots at DC.

You don't know how true it is. I've still got four more books to go before I can do a Week 3 breakdown.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

See, I understand what DC is trying to do, and I applaud the idea. They want to get more people reading comics, and they're reaching out to folks who ordinarily wouldn't bother. Plus, hey, we're seeing commercials for the books on TV, something I'd hoped would happen for quite awhile.

It's just... the execution is fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                Spoiler: Link MIGHT be considered NSFW. Might. Also SPOILERZ! 

DC's really pushing it. Also seems to be losing their minds, too. They're a step or two away from entering Tim Vigil's Faust territory, and it wouldn't surprise me if they get even more graphic before too long.

Ah, but when that magic moment happens, expect Marvel to try and do the same. As much as Disney will let them, however.
              That shit is embarassing.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Who in editorial allowed this laugh riot to see print anyway?
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                X