No announcement yet.

Comic-Con 09'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he's talking about Generation Y or the Millennial Generation, which is traditionally people born between 1980 and 1990, but because generations are advancing at such a rapid rate -- the technology is basically causing shorter cut-offs than they used to -- there's a generation subsect between X and Y called the "Cold Y Generation," which is people old enough to remember the end of the Cold War; so late 70s to mid 80s. (I also think you could call this generation the Columbine generation, as many of them came of age in the era of school shootings, culminating with Columbine in 1999, when many of the generation was either starting high school or in high school at the time.)

In short: Billington is referring to that generation.

Comment

• I don't want anything to do with that generation.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I have no personal vendettas, I'm just pointing to the fact that there actually is something to his seemingly ridiculous statement regarding Home Alone.

And yes, he is a goofy fellow that has become the whipping boy of the internet film community. For better or worse.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I kinda wish I had his job though. Just saying. Yes he may be hated, but I'm sure he doesn't care. He's just doing what he wants to do.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Word, sir. Very word.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• If he really cared about his job, he'd be better at it than he is. I fully expect First Showing to join the electronic stonehenge of online websites that died when their creators' parents made them get real jobs.

Comment

• yeah, it's different when you have to pony up out of pocket to get your dream going as opposed to getting it from mommy and daddy.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  yeah, it's different when you have to pony up out of pocket to get your dream going as opposed to getting it from mommy and daddy.

I just sold crack to elementary schoolers and learned HTML for dummies.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• THE AMERICAN DREAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      Have fun you guys! I demand lots of pics of Ari in inappropriate boxers!
                      FIXED!
                      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Seriously, but not so seriously, I hope you guys have a great time.

I'm there next year. FOR REALZ. In a ten gallon hat and a fake Yosemite Sam drawl.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• How would that differentiate you from any texan?

Comment

• I'll be the ironic douchebag.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Haha.

Yeah, I'm either going to Comic Con or PAX next year.

Comment

• Shit, if Rob goes to comic-con next year. I'll be there alright. The question will be of course. Will my pants be on or off?

Comment

Working...
                                X