No announcement yet.

Tron Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I saw it for like 70 bucks a while back. It's fun as fuck.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I just want to pick it up because I hear it's more like Frequency and Amplitude.

Has anyone mentioned that this is now starring Oscar Winner Jeff Bridges?
      "Can't you just magic it away?"
      "No, no more than you can just 'science' it away."

Xbox Live & PSN Tag: wydren

Comment

Or the creepy de-aging in the trailer? I thought it was Gary Oldman for a second.

And yeah, it's more like those games, which is why I love it.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Eh, the de-aging looks better than it did in X-men 3. I'll wait until I see him speak though. How ballsy would it be to have Clu be silent since that's usually the giveaway?

Comment

Oh it totally looked better than in X3 or even Wolverine. But it also wasn't in "direct sunlight". Fuck, I really need to rewatch TRON. IT's been far too long.

Comment

The original...ain't that great. It's got some great visuals, and the actors are always solid (props to Barnard Hughes), but the pacing is way off. There's a lot of nostalgia going on there. That's part of why I'm looking forward to the sequel so much. It looks epic.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  As I said. Epic.

Comment

I've watched the trailer about 47 times already. The original inspired my whole life's work in so many ways, despite being a relatively terrible film. This new one looks like it's going to tell such a different story, I am very excited.

Holy shit, I just spoke about film!
                    <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

Another thing I love about the trailer is that it has a normal soundtrack for the parts in the real world, which then gets more Daft Punk experimental when he sees the computer and the laser fires up, then kicks into gear in the computer world. I hope they keep that touch in the film.

Comment

Yeah. And if one band in our reality was destined to score a Tron movie, it's Daft Punk.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

It's been a while since a trailer has hooked me on a project so categorically. The design, tone, and pace all compliment one another beautifully.

Outstanding GIF contribution, by the way, BillyG.
                          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

One thing about this trailer though. I'm noticing a lack of Tron helmets. I mean, they're wearing them during the disc section and on the light cycle, but nowhere else. Did the programs ever remove them in the original?

Comment

I think RAM maybe removed his during their escape where they find the small energy river and drink out of it, but I can't remember for sure. They certainly used their identity disks to scoop up the "energy" and drink it in the first one, now the disks can't do that. Although I really enjoyed the shimmer of angry energy around the disk shown in the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by wydren View Post
                                Another thing I love about the trailer is that it has a normal soundtrack for the parts in the real world, which then gets more Daft Punk experimental when he sees the computer and the laser fires up, then kicks into gear in the computer world. I hope they keep that touch in the film.
                                Agreed. Wendy Carlos' work in the first film was revolutionary (like so many other things about the first Tron movie) but not very good from a film score perspective. The new score so far (the music they played during the light cycle reveal at Flynn's and now in this trailer) just seems so much more cinematic to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X