Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Comics and Literature

Comics and Literature We're not the hugest comic nerds out there, but we have been known to read an issue of "Spider-Ham" from time to time.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:50 AM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I don't know if I like it now. I really dug the first 3, but 4 seemed off. I'm in the middle of 5 right now and it's fun but I hope some shit starts to happen again like in the first 3. The stuff with the
  Spoiler: spoilers 
Gibborim was what I was really into. Now it's about some human cyborg that Ultron made or some shit and a bunch of stupid superheroes that I don't give a fuck about.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:22 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Old Man Logan.

Probably Steve McNiven's finest hour.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

Thwipster has daily deals on TPBs, if you're interested in saving monies. I've seen Chew, and Walking Dead 1-3.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:27 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Silver Surfer: Requiem

A simple, beautiful, final story about one of the coolest characters to come out of Marvel.

Even if you only have cursory knowledge of Norrin Radd, it's still a great read written with a real love of the character.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-30-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:29 PM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rherb View Post
I don't know if I like it now. I really dug the first 3, but 4 seemed off. I'm in the middle of 5 right now and it's fun but I hope some shit starts to happen again like in the first 3. The stuff with the
  Spoiler: spoilers 
Gibborim was what I was really into. Now it's about some human cyborg that Ultron made or some shit and a bunch of stupid superheroes that I don't give a fuck about.

So far TPB 4 seems to be the only misfire IMO. 5 and 6 had some great "OH SNAP!" moments. Really digging it and only feeling slightly stupid for enjoying books that are made for 10 year olds.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:34 PM
My wife's son

And now, after all these years of leaving Jesse's story unfinished, I've finally gotten to the "Alamo" trade.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:00 PM
My wife's son

So that's how it ends?

Figured as much, and Saint of Killers getting to finally take a nap for once was good.

I don't know how I feel about Cassidy getting a second chance (though it was heavily hinged on as this is Ennis' portrait of AMURKA, so of course, everyone who ain't so bad gets one). Hopefully he doesn't fuck it up.

Started reading Deadpool MAX on the side. It is the Zebras in America of Deadpool comics.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:18 PM
My wife's son

Finished Umbrella Academy: Apocalypse Suite.

Blown away.

Filled to the gills with ideas and original characters and it just leaves you in that wonderful mode of entertainment and immersion that as you finish it, all you want to do is go back and read it again.

MCR Dude can write. I take back most of the negative things I ever said about him and his Morbius-looking self.*

*I meant that as a compliment.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

Old 07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
is ready for turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMeatbag View Post
Started reading Deadpool MAX on the side. It is the Zebras in America of Deadpool comics.

FUCKING SOLD
Old 07-31-2011, 04:29 PM
is ready for turkey

Picked up Blacksad and Locke and Key 4 at Borders today. saved a few bucks.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:28 AM
is ready for turkey

Holy shit to the first chapter of Locke and Key 4. Some awesome stuff going on.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:50 AM
My wife's son

Finished Umbrella Academy: Dallas.

I can't really even describe how much I enjoyed it, it just felt so fresh and new. I love the six-issue format. It is jammed to the brim with ideas and characters and answers a few lingering questions before opening up a new can of worms for the next installment.

The wait for series 3 will be a good sort of torture.

Also picked up the Gabe & Fabio's Daytripper. I'm going to take my time with it. The end to each of the stories so far has just been a gutpunch, so I'll arrive at the end without being an emotional wreck (probably not, but for such a reason I am keeping it at arms length).
Old 08-03-2011, 12:33 PM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Smashington View Post
Holy shit to the first chapter of Locke and Key 4. Some awesome stuff going on.
Picked up Lock & Key 1 at Borders, only to get a hard cover for free a day later. Oh well.

Anyways, I haven't started reading it yet. I'm guessing it's not too shabby then?

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:34 PM
is ready for turkey

It's fucking amazing. Russ is great for suggesting it to me.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:41 PM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

Nice! Glad I picked it up!

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:43 PM
is ready for turkey

Yeah, it's a fucking great Lovecraftian horror story. It just keeps getting better.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

I picked up "Maus" at the Borders closing sale. It's better than SCHINDLER'S LIST. I find parts of it unbelievable because of how lucky Vladek was but it really is an impressive story of perseverance and the will to live. And as depressing as the subject matter is, I think the biggest gutpunch is the very last panel.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:45 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
I picked up "Maus" at the Borders closing sale. It's better than SCHINDLER'S LIST. I find parts of it unbelievable because of how lucky Vladek was but it really is an impressive story of perseverance and the will to live. And as depressing as the subject matter is, I think the biggest gutpunch is the very last panel.

I met Art Spiegelman at a writing thing in College. He's a good guy, just very beaten down.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 08-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

I need to buy Maus. I had a copy but lost it in the Toronto split.