Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
    Shit, if they're gonna go that far, might as well bring in the purple mask.

They might in Cap 3. Dude's in it.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• WOOO VISION.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• AWESOME.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• oh shit Civil War is coming?
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• can you nutshell Civil War and why I should be excited about it?
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Government makes super-heroes register and become super-cops, Captain hates it. Iron Man likes it. They fight.

Comment

• Which is not going to be either as cool or as terrible as it was in the comic because:

A) They have what, a dozen or so fucking heroes right now? No Iron Spider. Sloppy ass execution of ideas, like most crossovers. Everyone hates Iron Man forever.

B) Bright side: not beholden to Marvel editorial to sandwich in terrible moments and out of character behavior (implications of what the rise of Ultron does to Tony's mentality about heroing is a much richer vein to mine in terms of motivation).
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I doubt this will be anything like the comics though thanks to the fact there are no secret identities. I just like the idea of Iron Man being the bad guy.

Comment

• I don't like Tony as a bad guy.

But RDJ might be fun as Tony being the bad guy.

I just thought Civil War was a boring fuckbag of a miniseries.

But then Planet Hulk came out of that stupid bullshit though, so I'm staying positive.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                      But RDJ might be fun as Tony being the bad guy.
                      exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                        Which is not going to be either as cool or as terrible as it was in the comic because:

A) They have what, a dozen or so fucking heroes right now? No Iron Spider. Sloppy ass execution of ideas, like most crossovers. Everyone hates Iron Man forever.

B) Bright side: not beholden to Marvel editorial to sandwich in terrible moments and out of character behavior (implications of what the rise of Ultron does to Tony's mentality about heroing is a much richer vein to mine in terms of motivation).

A couple of things.

Spoiler: Let's start from the very beginning 

1) Don't expect a straight adaptation.
                        2) Cap 3 is very much hunt for Winter Soldier, then Civil War.
                        3) Iron Spider might not be that much of an issue anymore.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Just curious, but how much traction does all of this 'Marvel is going to get the rights to Spiderman' speculation actually have? Could this legitimately happen?
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            Just curious, but how much traction does all of this 'Marvel is going to get the rights to Spiderman' speculation actually have? Could this legitimately happen?

SONY actually came to the table to negotiate a deal. A decade ago, that would've been a pipe dream.

Hell, 3 years ago it would've been a pipe dream.

Comment

• Nice!

Betcha it ends up being that Sony gets a percentage of the gross on any film with Spiderman on it. I doubt that they'd just outright sell Spiderman back to Marvel (unless Marvel ponies up a TON of money).

Comment

• I want it to happen but I also want Garfield to be Spidey and I know that won't happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X