No announcement yet.

Beer. Beer. And more beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had many an IPA from several fine breweries here in Joisey. Some were quite tasty, most were, well, akin to bongwater from Satan's taint.

I'll be in the back with Bobby Bear, Clisare, Murph, the Ahearn brothers, Father Ted, Father Dougal, Father Jack and the lads, as we quaff a few Guinesses while you lot down those IPAs and stuff.

Comment

• I love a good IPA. Y'all are nuts. Get Guinness out of here though. That shit is mehhhhh
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        I love a good IPA. Y'all are nuts. Get Guinness out of here though. That shit is mehhhhh

Comment

• Sorry man. Can't stand that stuff
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• OK, in fairness, what's your favorite IPA? I'll track some down here, give it a swig and see how it stacks up against my beloved stout.

Comment

• Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                I love a good IPA. Y'all are nuts. Get Guinness out of here though. That shit is mehhhhh
                Guinness ain't beer, it's a periodic element of life.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  Guinness ain't beer, it's a periodic element of life.

Comment

• My personal favorite IPA is Stone Ruination. Perfectly accented with notes of citrus and piney hops, balanced against the sweeter malt flavors (which are in the background, where they belong). If you want to keep it in Jersey, Flying Fish, River Horse, and Ballantine are also excellent. IPA's admittedly aren't for everyone. The "how much hops can we cram into this beer" machismo has come to resemble the "Mo' hotta, mo' betta" masculinity benchmarks of hot sauces. Some are waaaaaaay unbalanced.
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Query: If IPA's disgust Bill and Martin, how do you feel about Pale Ales? Their less hop forward cousins?
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• It's ok, but I rarely like blondes. White beer, yes in the summer, but I'm all about red and darker ales.

Think I'll have a Fin du Monde or Trois Pistoles tonight.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                        X