No announcement yet.

SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, NON MARVEL SPIDEY DOES WHAT A SPIDER CAN IF SONY LETS HIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garfield is a shit actor, Maguire only understood one aspect of the role. Still, he did the best that he could given that Raimi shot them as Superman movies.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      Maguire only understood one aspect of the role.
      This is a good point. I think he got the hang of it by the third movie but, yeah, that one isn't so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
        This is a good point. I think he got the hang of it by the third movie but, yeah, that one isn't so good.

I've thought about these films way too much. So, I tend to stay out of these conversations due to now wanting to piss out any campfires.

That being said, Spidey has always sucked to a degree on film.

Garfield's not smarmy, he's overcompensating. Smarmy is a whole other world onto itself. Walter Peck is smarmy, Andrew Garfield is fucking someone out of his league.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Maybe that's what it was re: Garfield - that he might've tried a bit too hard. Also, I rather liked that Raimi shot his films like Superman; they were comic booky and a bit camp, but that was precisely what made them work for me. They didn't take themselves too seriously.

Rob, excellent point re: Classic vs. Ultimate. I like 'em both, I even dig on seeing a Miles Morales Spidey flick or TV show (Netflix?), but if push comes to shove, I'm an old school comic fan. I grew up with Classic Spidey/Parker, so I'm biased towards that.

Comment

• Carnage to be the bad guy in Venom?

Ok sure why not?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dzxFdtWmjto" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Meh. Still seems like a bad idea to me, and that teaser didn't do anything to convince me otherwise.
                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• The only thing anyone cares about is what the suit looks like. Bad teaser is bad.

Comment

• That is an absolutely terrible teaser trailer. You've got Hardy walking with his limp walk, you've got his tinny voice doing a bad American accent, you've got zero money shots of Venom, and you've got Hardy doing a crazy, laughable scream/shake thing at the end to make you laugh.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Not to be a contrarian, but I like the less is more approach.

I mean it’s a teaser for fuck’s sake.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Here's the thing: I agree with all of you.

The Venom stuff is all mocapped and if they would have shown unfinished CG we'd be bitching HOWEVER by not showing ANYTHING this feels like a generic action movie. A teaser should tease with a bit of something. Hell, even just a CGI tongue at the end or SOMETHING would have gone a long way.

Based on that, this teaser is boring and still doesn't get me amped in the slightest for this movie. Show me a bit of the Venom design in action and that may change.

Comment

• I can't even tell what version of Venom they're doing.

One of the shots echoes how Angelo Fortunato got the symbiote.

That being said, try something new and make Anti-Venom work onscreen.

Comment

• That'd be wild.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Alright. That's a pretty alright trailer. Who dies in part 1 and who dies in part 2? I am gonna bet that Iron Man dies to save Parker and Captain America goes in a huge goddamn blaze of glory in part 1 and Vision goes in part 2 when he gets his infinity stone ripped out.

Comment

• Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwievZ1Tx-8

pretty great. gonna be some killin' in this one.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X