Red Ring of Epic Sadness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Ring of Epic Sadness

So, my Xbox red ringed on Thursday night. This is my third Xbox. They are Fedexing a coffin to me because it's an escalated issue. I'm fucking pissed. They better have that box here on Monday and a new Xbox sent out as soon as they get this one.

I miss it so much. Castle Crashers and Bionic Commando are waiting for me... Rock Band 2 comes out in like a week.

ARGH!

Has anyone else's Xbox red ringed?
    "How the fuck does your brain go Kevin Spacey~K-Pax?" - Rob

That sucks, I know a lot of people who have recently got the red ring of death.... I have the first run of the 360 and never once had an issue.
    "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Mine did the day that GTAIV came out. Thank god for my performance plan at Best Buy. Got a new one and a 15 dollar gift card for my troubles.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Mine did a year ago. Sucked hard. Aren't the ones they send out/sell now have the heat issue resolved?
        Last edited by Nathan; 09-08-2008, 07:51 AM. Reason: Unfinished thought.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

In theory. I know my new one was alot quieter. I'm not too worried anymore.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I've had mine for a year now and no problems.

But now that I've said that, I'm sure it will be dead when I get home tonight.
            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I have an OG one too and have not had any problems...thank God...I play this shit a lot and I'm surprised it hasn't fucked up on me yet...my cousin's red ringed a few months back, it took him 4 weeks to get it back.

When you send it back, what do you have to include?
              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

The box. No hard drive, cables, or controllers. When you call, "Ronald" or "Steve" will give you an invoice or a job order number. I wrote that on a sheet of paper and taped it to the xbox.

Comment

Or you can be like me and buy a 2 year performance plan at the place you purchased it. I just walked in, grabbed a new one off the shelf, swapped hard drives and got money back because they had dropped the price from when I first purchased it. Then I got another performance plan for free. Awesome.

Comment

Mine fell off the truck...

Comment

My mommy got me mine.

Comment

Nice, we win!

Comment

I am on system number four myself.

My uncle works for Microsoft. He's in the computer hardware division or whatever it's called. He has to travel to China on a fairly regular basis to check on production lines and stuff so he's seen the factories where the systems are manufactured. He says there are piles and piles of defective units all over the place, like the warehouse from RAIDERS or something.

Comment

I got the coffin yesterday and sent it out. So hopefully, I'll be getting a new Xbox soon.

Comment

I ended up buying a new arcade when Rock Band came out. But, I got my refurb back last week. I'm going to sell the refurb to my friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X