Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucking hated Oblivion, but this....

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I clicked on the link for the Skyrim trailer and I

JIZZED, IN MY PANTS
      XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

HOLY SHIT just saw some streaming video on Game Trailers and moooooooooothafucka. STORM CALL!?!?! Combat looks much better. HARD ON ACHIEVED 5G

Comment

Here's to hoping this game plays more like Fallout and less like Oblivion.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

In what ways? Because going back to play Oblivion after New Vegas made me realize how little progress was made between the games.

Comment

Oblivion felt so fucking floaty in regards to everything.

Comment

Skyrimmin' this game when it comes out.

Just so long as I never see an Oblivion gate ever again, we're cool Elder Bros.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                  Oblivion felt so fucking floaty in regards to everything.
                  Play Fallout again, it's just as floaty and horrible. They've already said that was THE major concern for Skyrim, because it ties in directly to the combat. Fallout didn't seem as floaty bc 99% of the time you're shooting in VATS, but if you start to melee you realize it's exactly the same, and just as horrible.

Comment

Yeah but would play Fallout not in VATS? COMMIES. THAT'S WHO.

I also just really fucking hate Oblivion. From ugly ass character models, to boring side quests to horrible combat....everything about that game was ass. Skyrim does look pretty sweet but I'll still wait for reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      Play Fallout again, it's just as floaty and horrible. They've already said that was THE major concern for Skyrim, because it ties in directly to the combat. Fallout didn't seem as floaty bc 99% of the time you're shooting in VATS, but if you start to melee you realize it's exactly the same, and just as horrible.
                      Iron sights in Blooblayguss. Argument invalid (unless we're discussin' melee, which was an atrocity on all fronts). VATS is for capitalist pigs.

That said, the engine for both Oblivion and Fallout 3/NV was a horrible piece of shit that should have met the bumper on Tango & Cash's warvan.
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-06-2011, 12:51 PM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                        Yeah but would play Fallout not in VATS? COMMIES. THAT'S WHO.

I also just really fucking hate Oblivion. From ugly ass character models, to boring side quests to horrible combat....everything about that game was ass. Skyrim does look pretty sweet but I'll still wait for reviews.
                        1 Statement - Those that played the original ISO Fallouts. THATS WHO.

Second statement, swap Oblivion with Fallout and you have the same comments. Difference was the world, which you obviously dug Fallout's universe more, and having VATS. VATS was just a bandaid on a still busted combat system. Except Fallout didn't have the balla ass Dark Brotherhood quests which were INCREDIBLE.

Comment

To say EVERYTHING in Oblivion was bad is silly. There were certainly problems but EVERYTHING? haters gonna hate.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I will hate. I fucking got duped into buying that fucking game twice. Once based on hype here and then again based on Ceej's hype. But I've since come to terms with my hatred on the fantasy setting. Give me sci-fi/apocalyptic any day of the week.

Comment

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, my name is Rob Hurrrrrs

Decide shit for your own damn self or you are only a step away from being an Oprah audience member.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

If you hated the setting why buy it? So basically you're more mad at yourself than the game. At least you came clean.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X