No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain

If you watch Food Network and do not watch No Reservations and find Anthony Bourdain to be the one true prophet of good cooking and better taste you are a heathen. Food Network is shit. Every time my girlfriend puts it on Food Network I threaten her with the phone book, then make her watch DVR'd episodes of The True Leader Bourdain.

Seriously though. Coolest motherfucker on TV. Goes to incredible places. Tries incredible food. He isn't going to sit you down and give you recipes. He's going to explore the culture of the location he is in, and how the people, land, society has developed the food. If you like what you see, he expects you to seek out recipes, or more importantly he expects you to seek out the more authentic locations that help bring you closer to the cultures that bring us all these amazing foods.

He also did an episode in Baltimore with people from The Wire and repeatedly professed the genius of the show, and how important it is as a cultural touchstone. Fuck Food Network.

I dig it, but I like to learn recipes as well. We used to watch this show all the fucking time but haven't lately. Not sure why.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
      We used to watch this show all the fucking time but haven't lately. Not sure why.
      Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      you are a heathen.
      ^^^

Comment

Love the show. I actually met him when he came over in MTL for his book promo. Really friendly guy. And his Q&A was hilarious, just like his books.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

I'd rather watch Andrew Zimmern eat smoked placenta. haha
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I like the show but it seems like he is getting bored with it.
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I love Anthony Bordain and I love watching No Reservations. But it is a travel show about how other people make and eat food, whereas all the shows on the Food Network teach how to cook. Both are great but are not in a same category. Hasn't this conversation come up once before....?
              If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Working...
              X