No announcement yet.

Latkes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did she ever get back to you on that latkes biznazz?
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

get some at your local Jewish deli, they're always legit there.
      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Nyet. There have been some family squabbles going on (her family). Haven't wanted to bother her.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by BiG B View Post
          get some at your local Jewish deli, they're always legit there.
          There's times when I REEEEEAAAALLY miss living in the Fairfax District. Mostly when I'm sick and want chicken matzoh soup, but the latkes craze ain't helping. Also miss being right down the block from the New Beverly. :/

Originally posted by Howard View Post
          Nyet. There have been some family squabbles going on (her family). Haven't wanted to bother her.
          Sucks, but understandable.
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
            There's times when I REEEEEAAAALLY miss living in the Fairfax District. Mostly when I'm sick and want chicken matzoh soup, but the latkes craze ain't helping. Also miss being right down the block from the New Beverly. :/
            That's why I love where I live now (La Brea and Venice)...I'm in the middle of everything...but sadly, I want to move, I need a bigger place.
            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
              There's times when I REEEEEAAAALLY miss living in the Fairfax District. Mostly when I'm sick and want chicken matzoh soup, but the latkes craze ain't helping.
              Yup, same here. I had it good when I lived in the Forest Hills section of Queens - I'm a HUGE chicken matzoh soup fan. Now I'm in Astoria, which is great for Greek food, but I usually don't eat that heavily. Good stuff, but the portions are massive and even if I only eat half, I feel gross and overstuffed.
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

When my mom made them (they're a delicacy in Poland, the Land of My Fathers! [thumps chest] as well), she'd garte the potatoes w/ the fine grater, not shred them. The batter became kind of liquid as a result. She'd then grate an onion just as fine into it, and add maybe a 1/2 cup of flour. Then she'd ladle pancake sized dollops into hot oil in a frying pan. I'm not sure if there's a trick to when you flip them (like there is for pancakes; i.e., when you see bubbles form in the batter). I'll have to ask her next time I talk to her. They're not quite as heavy/filling individually as the ones that more closely resemble hash browns, so you need to make a lot of them. But with sour cream, salt & pepper (never got into the applesauce thing), they're one of my favorite comfort foods of all time. Harold's New York Style Deli (a small chain in the NY/NJ area) makes them this way, judging by the consistency, but Harold's makes everything oversized. The potato pancakes are the size of frisbees and 1/4" thick. Latke heaven!
                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                  but Harold's makes everything oversized. The potato pancakes are the size of frisbees and 1/4" thick. Latke heaven!
                  unnnngggg i just came

~

Comment

Working...
                  X