No announcement yet.

MAD MAX FURY ROAD - SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only shots that seemed to even have a gimmick-made call to them were really the Max freakouts and the guitar/steering wheel flying after the canyon gets jammed.

Heard Miller was using 3D chips at the beginning but then was like "Fack it m8, 2D the rest of the way. Let those seppo cunts squirm at the post-processing farm."
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Dug this pretty hard. Hardy played Max so goddamn weird. Charlize was the mvp. The 3d was lacking which was a bummer but it wasn't dark or anything. Just not much depth to most shots. Chase scenes were awesome, Immortan's death was great (way too quick though), the huffing was hilarious, and that scene where Max and the War Boy (didn't catch most people's names in this as the dialogue seemed quiet/garbled in our showing) were spitting gas to gain speed was the shit. Loved the women clan and the weird shit like the dudes on stilts in the desert,Bullet Tooth Tony, guitarist, etc..
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          Ya know who was really fuckin' cool?

That crazy old seed keeper lady in the Many Mothers tribe. I wish my grandma was that fuckin' righteous.

"Mudullahs" got popped and dropped.
          yeah, those women were fucking great. Did this tie into Thunderdome?
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Not sure.

Seems more like a clean-slate sort of thing, with the constants being Max, his failure early on to save his family and others along the way, and the world already being eye-deep in shit.

Felt like a natural evolution of the premise, but I'm not so sure it really makes a hard line on keeping to a strict mythos. I mean, if it did, Max would be well over a hundred years old by now.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

yeah, we just weren't sure if the stuff with Charlize's mother and shit were actually part of the tribe from Thunderdome. Because one of the wives had that music box that Max gave the feral kid from Road Warrior.

Comment

That birth scene was great if only for the audible gasps from the women in my theater.

Comment

Yeah, Organic Mechanic throwin' it around like a fucking rumproast was classy.

Great little moment of world building that puts everything in perspective for the audience.

Shit has just gotten THAT bad, that people twirl premature babby umbilical cords around like a piece of string with an "easy come, easy go" attitude.

Syncs really well with the way that tribe deals with death.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Also, I am in love with Furiosa.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

HOLY SHIT

Comment

I mean, based on the trailers I figured this movie would be pretty entertaining but it's GREAT. Man, I want to go see it again tomorrow. Gonna see about getting a hype truck with the Marshall stacks and whatnot to follow me around ova permanent basis.

Comment

Something that was probably mentioned elsewhere, but I'm too lazy to look...

Played by the same guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                            Something that was probably mentioned elsewhere, but I'm too lazy to look...

Played by the same guy.
                            Tis teh correct. But not sure where I saw/heard it.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Just went down a rabbit hole of youtubes listening to that cool-as-fuck cat.

And then I got to one with he and Miller at the Drafthouse.

I couldn't sit through the Harry Knowles' cringe-inducing introduction. I admire the passion he still holds for film, but man, rein it the fuck in you goober.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Yes.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X