No announcement yet.

SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, NON MARVEL SPIDEY DOES WHAT A SPIDER CAN IF SONY LETS HIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I, Claudius footage? You're good peeps, V!

Comment

• I can climb walls, I can jump hellaciously high, I can SENSE danger, but no can make webz like Spider. Lulz @ that.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Hey, Kirby's forerunner to Spider-Man had a webgun and a magic ring, later used when Kirby reimagined his version as a character called The Fly:

Oh, how I love my geekiness!

Comment

• NERRRRRDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSS!
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
            Besides, it's kind of a neat dramatic moment when Spidey runs out of web fluid, and he's gotta refill quickly before the bad guy reacts or runs away. Makes him seem a bit more human.
            While I completely agree (and there were many times it was used to good effect on TV) I think you can still have and eat cake when it comes to this decision. Why not just approach organic web-shooters like the webbing's saliva or blood (or any other fluid that might be housed within the male form?) Radioactive bite or not, the guy's probably not got an infinite supply coursing through him so I could totally picture Peter running out of webbing, mid-fight, because he's blown his web-wad, so to speak, swinging to battle/showing off to NYC kids earlier.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• True, true. I took it more from the comics, as his shooters were always breaking down, but a very valid point, Bobby.

Comment

• That was touched on in Jim Cameron's "Scripment" where after webshooting for the first time. They cut to Peter just eating a ton of food the following day.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Cheers, Tim! It just occurred to me that it's an option ripe for a wry joke or two in suitably "nu-Who" style. Or like Geena Davis' breathy "how is there any fluid left in your body?" from Cronenberg's The Fly.

That's interesting about Cameron, Ed. Thanks for the info!
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I always wondered about that in the two Spiderman movies as well...just HOW MUCH web fluid does his body produce at any given time? During some of those battles where he's shooting webbing left and right, swinging over everything...yeah, he'd physically run out really quickly.

then again, it's a movie.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      I always wondered about that in the two Spiderman movies as well...just HOW MUCH web fluid does his body produce at any given time? During some of those battles where he's shooting webbing left and right, swinging over everything...yeah, he'd physically run out really quickly.

That's why I think I'd have a hard time passing up the organic option. It's got enough wiggle room for plenty of artistic license without feeling too convenient. The ferocity of the battle can impact his supply, etc.

Comment

I always wondered about that in the two Spiderman movies as well...just HOW MUCH web fluid does his body produce at any given time? During some of those battles where he's shooting webbing left and right, swinging over everything...yeah, he'd physically run out really quickly.
                        You were starting to scare me a bit, Matt, until this...

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        Loved how you got to the edge of nerdom where I doth dwell, then did a jete back to Coolsville. Well done, sir! And Bobby's right - if you can suspend your disbelief enough that a guy would gain all these powers from a spider bite and fight a Power Ranger, you can easily live with organic webshooters, science be damned. I'd made the same argument with the last Fantatstic 4 movie re: a purple helmeted Galactus.

I only mention this as I recall seeing that same query on very many message boards including DERP when the first flick came out. And boy, were those discussions the very epitome of nerdrage.

No bones about it, I'll be in the theater watching this for good or ill, organic webshooters or no. I'm just hoping it turns out to be a good film, and all the extraneous stuff (costume design, webshooters, etc.) will drop away.
                        Last edited by Timothy225; 01-14-2011, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• I don't know why, but I'm kinda hoping that this new version of Spiderman BOMBS. BADLY. I'm talking 'Highlander 2' levels of awfulness and cheese. I want people to get fired over this so that we can finally put an end to this REBOOT AFTER ONLY 4 YEARS shit.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Oh, it'll happen sooner or later, Matt. Just a trend, and those seldom last long. Even if it sucks hard, it'll still make a mint for Sony, and they'll pump these out for as long as they can, quality be damned.

Comment

I don't know why, but I'm kinda hoping that this new version of Spiderman BOMBS. BADLY. I'm talking 'Highlander 2' levels of awfulness and cheese. I want people to get fired over this so that we can finally put an end to this REBOOT AFTER ONLY 4 YEARS shit.
                              As long as Emma Stone escapes unscathed, I too will dance the Ewok dance of triumph.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I want to see it do good, because I like everyone involved quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X