Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

I thought I'd start this thread to discuss films we've just recently watched. Since I watched about 6 movies last week, and I didn't really want to start a thread for all of them, I figure this will work better.

-Pride of the Yankees: I'm not a huge sports guy, but I have mucho respect for the days before drug use and scandal was the norm. This is a great film about Lou Gehrig, and since a friend of mine's dad was just diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease, I was hoping to learn a little something from the movie. Great flick, Gary Cooper was fantastic, and watching Babe Ruth act was cool as well.

-Silent Night, Deadly Night: Why has it taken me this long to watch this movie? Any fan of old school slasher flicks must see this at once. PUNISH!

-City of Violence: Great Korean film about a group of friends that reunite after one of them is murdered. They try to figure out who murdered him, and what follows is a film of betrayal, violence, and dirty politics. The last 20 minutes is batshit insane, with 2 guys fighting about 100. Pure action madness.

-Oldboy: The second film in my Korea day was even better than City of Violence. Such a great film about revenge and motivation, with an ending so fucked up I was in shock.

-The Aviator: Remember when everyone was like, "Leonardo DiCaprio is sooo gay! He should have died with Growing Pains!"? Well, boy, have things changed. Howard Hughes was loony as hell, and anyone that says DiCaprio is still just that gay boy from Titanic needs to go choke on a Scary movie sequel, you fuckin' wankers!

-Kinsey: Alfred Kinsey was a fucking pimp. We needed his wake up call to teach America that we should all polish one off at least once a day, preferably at work. That dude was master of the vag, lord of the penis, and god of the intercourse, all rolled into one.

Well there you go, 6 films and not a loaf in the bunch! How rare is that?
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Re: What Movie Did You Just Watch?

SN DN is awesome. It's been too long since I 've seen it though. I wasn't a huge fan of The Aviator for some reason. Oldboy is too fucking awesome and Kinsey was a pimp.

Let's see this weekend we watched:

First Blood: Lesley had never seen it and thought it was going to be all actiony like the shitty sequels. I think she enjoyed it and I know I loved it. Blu-Ray quality was fantastic.

Crank: Bad-fucking-ass. 'Nuff said.

Confettit: A mocumentary about weddings. Didn't know anything about it, Tim from the UK Office and Daisy and Brian from Spaced were in it. Reminded me of a Christopher Guest flick. Lots of nudity in this flick which I thought was hilarious. Especially at the end. I'd recommend it.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

You need to see Rambo. Fuck all the other sequels, Rambo is the ripe shit!

Comment

I know I know. Once it's on dvd I'll check it out. But honestly, First Blood is a goddamn masterpiece. It's going to be hard to top it.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

-Oldboy: The second film in my Korea day was even better than City of Violence. Such a great film about revenge and motivation, with an ending so fucked up I was in shock.
          you just saw this movie?! what's wrong with you man? put down cod4 for just a few hours to catch up on movies you should have watched already. gosh.

that reminds me, ari have you seen ichi the killer yet?

also, did you know that hollywood is planning to "re-make" the american version of oldboy? hahahah. lame.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

It's not First Blood as much as it is a nonstop blood bath of rampage and destruction. Don't look for story in Rambo, just look for internal organs.

Comment

I saw Ichi a while ago. Takashi Miike is outta his fucking mind. Since I've been staying at my dad's all week, and he has no X-Box, it's been a freakin movie fest.

Comment

Ichi the Killer wasn't that good in my opinion. Yah it's fucked up, but I liked Audition better.

Comment

I haven't seen Audition yet. I did watch Miike's Dead or Alive. What the hell was that ending? That was some insane shit right there. His films are crazy, but I'm not sure I really want to revisit them.

Comment

-Bee Movie, saw it with the kids. Cool kids movie, weird bestiality thing going on though.
                    -Grindhouse, (yes finally, did not see it in the theatres) Super cool flicks, detailed review on my blog at http://www.bigbdroppinggems.blogspot.com/
                    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

-The Aviator: Remember when everyone was like, "Leonardo DiCaprio is sooo gay! He should have died with Growing Pains!"? Well, boy, have things changed. Howard Hughes was loony as hell, and anyone that says DiCaprio is still just that gay boy from Titanic needs to go choke on a Scary movie sequel, you fuckin' wankers!
                      i really liked the avaiator. and catch me if you can. and also the 1996 version of romeo and juliet. i just hated titanic because it took forever and a day for the damn ship to sink. what a waste of 3+ hours. dumb.

Comment

I agree with nerdious...he was incredible in the basketball diaries too. Plus Marky Mark is in it, which in my book is a plus...
                        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

how recent are we talking about here?

i "recently" saw:

pirates of the carribean 3; wow that movie is dumb. the plot was just all over the place.

ocean's thirteen; the first one was much better. and al pacino's performance was too lackluster.

the brother's solomon; wow this movie was just plain idiotic. this movie is the reason why i got netflix... so that i can rent all the movies i WOULD NEVER buy.

ghost rider; wow this movie makes me glad that tim burton's version of superman never took off. and makes me also wish cage would stick to movies like adaptation.

evan almighty; NOTHING like the bruce almighty. and why were the animals even there? this movie just so bland.

epic movie; i only watched this because of jayma mays.

accepted; use "movie logic." nuff said.

i now pronounce you chuck and larry; wow, you REALLY have to remember that you have to use "movie logic."

the nines; i love the concept. i don't think the plot worked out extremely well but it was entertaining.

movies i still haven't watched and are still shrink-wrapped:

king of kongs, the departed, the assassination of jesse james by the coward robert ford, 3:10 to yuma, no country for old men, the darjeeling limited, american gangster, michael clayton, fido, severence, black sheep, the call of chuthulu, lost the 3rd season, witchblade: the anime volumes 1-5, naruto volumes 2-6, voltron volumes 1-4, dragon ball z,seasons 1-3, the twilight zone: the complete series, and the xfiles: the complete series... there's a lot more but i forgot what.

that is why i believe i need to cancel my cable and internet. at least my cable. ugh.

Comment

What I like is that you have all of these kick ass flicks (king of kong, the departed, the assassination of jesse james by the coward robert ford, 3:10 to yuma, no country for old men, the darjeeling limited, american gangster, michael clayton, fido, severence, black sheep, etc) unwatched and unopened yet you fucking watched Epic Movie and I now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry.

*shun!*

Comment

Alright Nerdious, now that you are all caught up, use this thread to post after you watch a movie or two. And your list above is a ripe toad loaf. The Brother's Solomon? I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry? EPIC FUCKING MOVIE?!?!? You need to stop watching this shit and start playing CoD4 with us more often.

EDIT: Damn Rob, barely beat me!

Comment

Working...
                              X