Random Shit Dealing With Comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
    Y'know, while there were exceptions on both sides, I was always of the opinion that, for the MOST part, Marvel did superheroes better, and DC did horror better (even in the pre-vertigo days, House of Mystery was > Tales of Mystery, or any of the formulaic horror Marvel churned out). The rise of the Vertigo imprint, while Marvel's mainstays continued to dominate the tights wearing crowd, seemed to bear this out. The recent movie successes & failures likewise (with exceptions of course being made for Watchmen & The Dark Knight). Tearing Vertigo apart makes about as much sense as Honda no longer making cars because hey. . . we still make lawnmowers, amirite?
    If you haven't, check out Marvel: the Untold Story. The book discusses this a bit. It's awesome.
    Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Was/is All New X-Men any good? Because I got the first issue as part of that Marvel #1s promotion & I really liked the twist at the end. Worth it to pick up the first trade? I'm assuming there's a trade available.

Comment

• Haven't looked into All-New X-Meng beyond the Immonen art. The hook sounds kinda fun.

But I have looked into the Prophet relaunch by Brandon Graham.

He took a Liefeld character who wears a boxer's helmet, toned down the muscles, put backgrounds in, and jammed everything from John Carter to Azrach to Jordowsky's Metabaron/Incal into it.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Astro City is being relaunched as a Vertigo title this summer.

All-New X-Men works in small doses. The X-Book to beat remains "Wolverine and the X-Men"...it's like Claremont never hit that shit streak and lost his fucking mind.

Marvel's got a whole lot of good going on right now.

Fraction and Allred are killing it on FF, Slott is proving to be one of the greatest Spidey writers ever, Hickman is actually doing better on the Avengers than the FF, Deadpool is actually amazing and relevant.

Plus, you got Thor: God of Thunder and its attempt at actual worldbuilding. Plus, Uncanny Avengers and Hulk are pretty awesome. Waid's take on the Hulk is refreshing and something that should've been done ages ago.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• East of West is amazing. Non-Marvel zombie Hickman is amazing. Nick Dragotta's art backs his writing up and then some.

GET HYPE
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-18-2013, 02:14 PM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Issue 3 of East of West came out this week.

It's been a long time since I reached the end of an issue and was this fucking pissed and excited at the same time due to the cliffhanger.

GET HYPE
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                Haven't looked into All-New X-Meng beyond the Immonen art. The hook sounds kinda fun.

But I have looked into the Prophet relaunch by Brandon Graham.

He took a Liefeld character who wears a boxer's helmet, toned down the muscles, put backgrounds in, and jammed everything from John Carter to Azrach to Jordowsky's Metabaron/Incal into it.
                Seriously. Read the fucking thing already.

Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's been raining shit on James Jean.

Depressing, but this provided a momentary salve to the bad news bears:

No one show this to Dave Sim okay? He’ll be unbearable…
                  Last edited by Captain Russ; 08-15-2013, 03:25 PM.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• EEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEE Eric Powell to write new 6 issue mini series based on Big Trouble in Little China! AWESOME.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I saw that. I'm a little skeptical. I don't want to see Jack Burton evolve into something he's not, a la John McCane in the Die Hard movies.
                      Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• If anyone can hit that same weird/badass tone, it's Powell.

And the chosen artist's book is legit as well. Should be fun.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
                          I saw that. I'm a little skeptical. I don't want to see Jack Burton evolve into something he's not, a la John McCane in the Die Hard movies.
                          Powell is the perfect guy IMO to make sure that doesn't happen.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CB6TiRJNI-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Oh, Maddox.

Comment

• Yeah! And VHS is misogynistic!
                                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Working...
                                X