This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
    Indeed. You appear to be maintaining the stiff upper lip well, as befits an Englishman.
    I appreciate all your comments guys.

In fairness, she's the one relative that my fear of as a child had turned into disdain and pity as she got older and, eventually, weaker. About this time last year, she started forgetting stuff and it had got to the point this year that she didn't know what year it was and couldn't keep track of anything on a day to day basis. But she still maintained a relative wit and glimmers of her fierce intelligence.

She refused the idea of ever being put in a home and, out of respect to her wishes, began to become something of an ungrateful burden to my parents, who took it upon themselves to rehouse her closer to them so they could help out where she would allow.

She died at 92 in her bed, in her sleep - prematurely enough that she didn't live to lose all her faculties and senses. Of course I mourn her passing, but I don't pity the way in which she went and I don't have too many regrets about the note we managed to leave things on. All that remains is to celebrate her life with my family.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Nicely stated, Ben. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours, lad.

Comment

• Thoughts & prayers to you and the family Ben.

I understand how you feel completely. Have a cousin who watched his mom deteriorate from Alzheimer's and she lingered quite a while and it took a toll on that section of the family. Had a grandmother who fought cancer for 7 years in the '80's and watched her go through a lot just to see my sister & me grow up. Did all my crying before she even passed and was able to let go with love the night she passed. I had to be strong for my sis (she was only 13 at the time & I was 18). Also was a bit of a dependable rock for my mom, as she was the primary caretaker for grandma.
        Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• My heartfelt condolences Ben. We lost my gran late last year and I think she and your gam would have gotten along swimmingly.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• James Gandolfini died.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• So did Vince Flynn. Holy shit, what a day to be the grim reaper.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                So did Vince Flynn. Holy shit, what a day to be the grim reaper.

and Slim "I beat the motherfucking Martians" Whitman.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Shame about Gandolfini, but when you've been carrying 350-400lbs for 15 years and really like to powder your nose these things happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    Shame about Gandolfini, but when you've been carrying 350-400lbs for 15 years and really like to powder your nose these things happen.

I wonder how Diva's ass is taking the news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                      I wonder how Diva's ass is taking the news.
                      I can't find her on facebook. I'm starting to worry.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                        and Slim "I beat the motherfucking Martians" Whitman.
                        This one really hurts.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• NJ's going to be mourning Gandolfini for awhile. Dude was a favorite son around here. What kills me is he just had a kid afew months ago... ugh.

Comment

• I liked Gandolfini, quite a bit to be honest. But holy shit that line someone had about him coming back as White Gandolfini really fucking floored me. I mean it's harsh but I laughed hard. I'd like to think he would appreciate the joke.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The restaurant where they shot the last episode of "The Sopranos" held the table that ended the episode in reserve in honor of Gandofini.
                              Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• But he won't be showing up. That's pretty cruel, man.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X