500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt View Post
    12. Porkchop on a stick: the MN State Fair. You need to get the one from the booth by the Haunted House. The other ones are merely OK.

I don't know what they do or how they do it, but this is consistently, year after year, the single best thing that you can get at the Fair. Cooked perfectly, spiced perfectly...it's a mouthwatering piece of perfection that is one of the truly MUST EAT FOODS at the entire Fair. The line is usually long for this meal, but it's totally worth every second of delay.

also: HELL YES on Blue Cheese, Chili Cheese Burritos, and All Dressed Potato Chips.
    I have never tried this at the Fair.... perhaps I will add it to the list this year.
    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley View Post
      I have never tried this at the Fair.... perhaps I will add it to the list this year.
      YOU MUST DO THIS. Go to the haunted house and look down the hill towards the Midway. The road slopes down slightly so you'll have a good view of everything. You'll see (and smell) smoke coming out of the red and white/silver booth that sells these porkchops. You'll also see the huge line...don't be dissuaded, get into that line and spend your $6.50 for the porkchop. BEYOND AWESOME.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        Yea I was going to say chicken fried steak but Jake beat me. So..

14. Fried Catfish. Those scumsuckers are the second best thing in the planet to fry up. Serve with hush puppies and a but of fried gator and no less than 2 lbs of catfish pet person.
        *heartattackfist*
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Sorry, but I hate catfish. I've never had it prepared in a way that I've enjoyed. I can eat pretty much any other fish but these oily tasting things.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Hate catfish? Whoa whoa whoa
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I'll eat the hell out of walleye, northern pike, tilapia, mahi mahi, salmon, orange roughy, red snapper, halibut, flounder, shark, Chilean sea bass, cod, sole...you name it. I just can't handle the oily texture and taste of catfish. I'm not afraid to try it again, though.

Comment

Anyway.

15. Zankou Chicken - Zankou Chicken

This here is a local LA institution, created by lebanese-armenians whose chicken is some of the best in town. This combined with the spooge-inducing garlic paste will knock your socks off, guranteed. Plus, you can get their t-shirts for $5.00.

Comment

16. Gigantic Smoked Turkey Leg
                  I used to only find this at a renaissance fair, but years later it has become popular at fairs and street festivals. I'm talking about the turkey leg that is the size of Captain Caveman's club, that's been slow cooking in a smoker for the last 8 hours. The skin has come to a crisp, and under it lies pounds of delicious smokey turkey meat. I'll get one of these and walk around gnawing on it like a barbarian for an hour.
                  "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                  - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                  http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                  http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

Mother of god! I could live off that thing for a day.

Comment

I could take one of those down in less than 30 minutes. I'd need to take off my shirt and have a gallon of ice water with it, a gym towel, and probably some wet-naps afterward, but I could swing it.
                      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
                        I could take one of those down in less than 30 minutes. I'd need to take off my shirt and have a gallon of ice water with it, a gym towel, and probably some wet-naps afterward, but I could swing it.
                        30 mins? We eat those in under 15 at the ren faire.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I'll be eating one of those at our Ren Fest this Saturday.

Comment

Well, I gotta actually have that shit in my hand first before I can ballpark it better.

~

Comment

I usually have two of those before lunch.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

If I sit down at a table it's gone in ten minutes, however, I prefer to walk the grounds with it, gnawing occasionally.
                                "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                                - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                                http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                                http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X