Alien Anthology to hit blu on Oct 26.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Anthology to hit blu on Oct 26.

YES. Totally buying this as I sold off my dvds in anticipation for this...

The blu ray set
    have been "reinvigorated for an intense Blu-ray high-definition viewing experience." It will take advantage of Blu-ray technology by incorporating the MU-TH-UR Mode, an interactive feature that lets you access the special features on all six discs and provides an index of all available content. And what does that content include? About 60 hours of special features and over 12,000 images, including material from the legendary early '90s LaserDisc release, the "Legacy" release and, of course, the Quadrilogy.
    There will also be new, previously unreleased content, such as original screen tests of Sigourney Weaver prior to filming the original Alien, unseen deleted scenes, the previously unseen original cut of "Wreckage and Rage: The Making of Alien3" and more.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Damn it. I will have to buy this. Love that set so much.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Ah, hell...yeah, I'll buy it.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Before I sell/get rid of my Quadrilogy set, I'll need to verify that all the docs from that set will be duplicated on this new set. I still haven't watched all the docs from the Quadrilogy.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

But, here's the kicker Aliens has been DNR'd to fuck to combat the film grain.

I haven't seen it yet and probably won't until Early October, but early word is balls.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

So kinda like what happened with the new predator blu?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              So kinda like what happened with the new predator blu?
              To a point. The Predator much like the Gladiator disc was a transfer error. DNR works, as long as you make sure what's grain and what's mistake.

Cameron shot Aliens in Super 35 rather quickly for a big movie like that. There was really no set aspect ratio until the film was locked in the gates after the final edit. This was 6 weeks before its Summer 1986 release. FOX didn't allow for any extra POST time, so the film has always been rather grainy.

Well, early word has it that the DNR geniuses at weird company I'm blanking on (Red Dot in logo) went apeshit and just fucked it.

The other films are ok, but Aliens has had notorious problems.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

That SUCKS to hear.

And yeah, I'm NOT really impressed with the new 'Predator' blu-ray. Parts of it are pretty damned awesome (I won't lie), but there are many spots where you simply want to throw your remote through the television screen.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  That SUCKS to hear.
                  I'm annoyed my buzz for this set's taken a knock, but I appreciate the heads up.
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

It's a good thing that ALIENS is my least watched flick from that series.

Comment

It's a good thing that ALIENS is my least watched flick from that series.
                      Wha?
                      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

I'd much rather watch the first or third one. I've burnt myself out on it.

Comment

Personally, one of the things that I like the most out of 'Aliens' is the gritty, grainy look of the film. It fits the military vibe of the film perfectly.

Comment

I've never heard that before (and didn't know/think it was possible) but I gotcha.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            Personally, one of the things that I like the most out of 'Aliens' is the gritty, grainy look of the film. It fits the military vibe of the film perfectly.
                            Yes! It's dripping with a warmth that only the 1980's could deliver.

Comment

Yup. The first has way surpassed the second as my fave. Saw Aliens wwwwaaayyyy too much as a kid. Great movie though.
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X