No announcement yet.

SHOULD I BOTHER WATCHING THIS FILM thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Traitor' worth the effort? I DVR'd it last night.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• YES.

Good little movie, sold by great performances.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Solid film, hamstrung by its budget in key scenes. Also, though the twist works, its much more morally interesting prior to the reveal.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Obvious twist is obvious but, yeah, TRAITOR is really good. Cheadle is subtle like whoa throughout the entire thing.

I DVRed BRUNO but can't decide whether to watch it. I had the first 20 minutes on in the background the other night and it didn't really catch my attention like BORAT did.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure the first 20 mins are the best if I remember correctly. Everything with Bruno and his Viet is hilarious. But otherwise it's pretty lame.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Disregard what Rob says. The only scene of any value is the last five minutes during the cage match scene. That and Harrison Ford's cameo.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• DON'T. WATCH. BRUNO.

Son of a bitch made me waste 30 minutes of my life. And I loved Borat and Ali G.

Hint: I made it through the Tucker Max movie, but not Bruno. And if what I've seen is the best.... fuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                  Disregard what Rob says. The only scene of any value is the last five minutes during the cage match scene. That and Harrison Ford's cameo.
                  I'm sorry, the shit with Viet is fucking hilarious. Harrison Ford cameo = youtube it. Everything else is just kinda eh. If it was a 30 min show it would have been funnier. It was just too drawn out and a bit too mean spirited.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• It's not "eh", it's a retinal brainrape.

Comment

• I wouldn't go that far. The fact you think anything having to do with Tucker Max is better is suspect haha.

Comment

• Hey, it was playing, and it wasn't half as bad as Bruno.

Comment

• 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' (Sweden). Is it worth the effort or should I wait for the remake from David Fincher? Also, is the US dub on it OK or should I stick with the subtitled version?
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' (Sweden). Is it worth the effort or should I wait for the remake from David Fincher? Also, is the US dub on it OK or should I stick with the subtitled version?
                            Definitely WATCH!!! I thought this was excellent. I hate dubs so if I got a choice I like the subtitled version.

Comment

• Awesome. Thanks!

Comment

• Yea, it's pretty great. I read that the second one isn't as good, but that kind of makes sense because it's a TERRIBLE stand alone story, but awesome second chapter. And I watched it with dubs, didn't bother me at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X