Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
    Man, I haven't thought about this flick since I first saw it. Now I wish he would have the ending that we wanted. Would have been SOOOOO GOOOOOOD.
    Its interesting that that's clearly what he wanted you to think he'd done and then went for a much more curious ending. I kind of admire the chutzpah, but I'd still like to see the crazier ending.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
      Man, I haven't thought about this flick since I first saw it. Now I wish he would have the ending that we wanted. Would have been SOOOOO GOOOOOOD.
      Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
      Its interesting that that's clearly what he wanted you to think he'd done and then went for a much more curious ending. I kind of admire the chutzpah, but I'd still like to see the crazier ending.
      Enjoyed it but the ending you guys are discussing would have been ballsy.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Conan The Barbarian (2011)

Wasn't that supposed to be horrible? You know, I kinda liked Khal Drogo as Conan. More so than Arnold*. The movie is good, could be better, but overall, I'm glad they kept the first 20 minutes with Ron Perlman and not kill him within the first 5 minutes. I just wished the final fight had more magic and shit. But you know what made the first Conans EPIC despite it being not-really-good-movies?

The soundtrack. Add the Basil Poledouris music and it's even better.

Also, it's has Rachel Nichols as the pure hotness she is ( we see titties), and Rose McGowan being slightly more ugly than usual ( I find her meh at best).
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Saw it a few months back, Martin, and I agree with you. It wasn't as bad as folks were saying, but it could've used some work here and there with the CGI and another pass at the script and character motivations/logic would've helped quite a bit. I still enjoyed it for what it was, but it does lack the epicness and the Poledouris soundtrack.

I think they're making a sequel to this - not 100% sure. If so, I wouldn't mind another entry into the series.

Comment

• Watched The Searchers for the first time since I was maybe ten or eleven.

I may not like John Wayne as a person, but the fella onscreen is the coolest motherfucker on Earth.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• My wife loves John Wayne movies. I never really go into them past a couple of his bigger titles.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• See THE QUIET MAN. That's probably my favorite John Wayne movie.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Searchers is the only John Wayne movie I dig.

Comment

• Finally watched the American GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO the other night. I really liked it. The changes/omissions to the novel make more sense and work much better than the Swedish version. It just flowed better, too. The cuts and bouncing around in the Swedish version were really jarring, like they filmed the stuff but just cut it out to make the runtime.* The opening titles were awesome, too. And had some spoilers for the later books, which I thought was surprising. I hope Fincher and crew get a chance to make the other two movies.

*Apparently they've released Extended Editions of the Swedish trilogy. Maybe that fixes a lot of the problems I had but I don't feel compelled to revisit them right now. Plus, I still haven't finished the third book.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                      I hope Fincher and crew get a chance to make the other two movies.
                      I don't.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Hugo (2011)

Christ, I shoulda watched this work of art in the biggest damn theater I could find.

I tend to sort of look for things that exhibit a sense of *grace* to them. This movie qualifies on all fronts for that and I found myself completely caught up and given over to it. Scorcese is, once again, the fuckin MAN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                          I don't.
                          Yeah, I'm with you on this.

And I still need to see HUGO.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The Hunger Games

Completely unengaging, poorly designed, overly long, toothless, unsurprising, forgettable. I was kind on Facebook and said it was average - I'm less than an hour out from it and I can comfortably call it shit. Demand more from your franchises, people.

I didn't care about ANYONE, there was little to no emphasis on the inherent satire the concept could produce and there was not one memorable kill or action scene. The only time I came close to being excited was when the Tracker Jacker nest hit the ground. The rest of the time, there was no suspense or threat whatsoever and the whole thing felt foregone and pointless. I'm done with another franchise if this is the best it has to offer.

Comment

• *superbrofist activate*

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                                The Hunger Games

Completely unengaging, poorly designed, overly long, toothless, unsurprising, forgettable. I was kind on Facebook and said it was average - I'm less than an hour out from it and I can comfortably call it shit. Demand more from your franchises, people.

I didn't care about ANYONE, there was little to no emphasis on the inherent satire the concept could produce and there was not one memorable kill or action scene. The only time I came close to being excited was when the Tracker Jacker nest hit the ground. The rest of the time, there was no suspense or threat whatsoever and the whole thing felt foregone and pointless. I'm done with another franchise if this is the best it has to offer.

Comment

Working...
                                X