No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have this along with the original CBS Video releases.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Also the prequels and OGs look great in HD. Watch them everytime they are on SPIKE HD.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
        I ended up recording the letterboxed versions off of laserdisc (a friend had them) in order to finally get proper copies. I was thrilled with the letterboxed versions finally came out on VHS.
        Yup, you hit the REC button on the VCR while playing the laserdisc.

And that is how I got a copy of Animal House.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
          Yup, you hit the REC button on the VCR while playing the laserdisc.

And that is how I got a copy of Animal House.
          We always ran dual VCR's at my aunt/uncle's house and record movies we rented. Always hated when we had to put the little piece of tape over the tab on a VHS. Thinking back on how tough it was to get your hands on movies until 10 years ago is kind of ridiculous.

Comment

CAN'T SAY SHIT, but you're doing a good job sleuthing.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              Also the prequels and OGs look great in HD. Watch them everytime they are on SPIKE HD.
              TROOF. So glad I made the plunge into the HD pool with my big-ass TV. Just wish I'd done it before Monsters HD/Voom went tits up.

Comment

I've got a guy in the hall at CES right now. They're starting....apparently, promos for other shit.

Emailed me back that we've got a bit before SW shit. Check back for details.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Is your guy wearing a hidden camera cleverly disguised in an overly large novelty cowboy hat?
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

$90 pre-order for the set with all the bonus material and all six movies. Sigh.

Comment

So they come out in Sept and the 9 disc set will have all 6 films and a shit load of bonus features.

Really, I'm curious to know what more fiddling Lucas has done to the films, because we all know that he must have added some new CG turd somewhere or other.
                      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Oh, that's easy, Ari! Jar Jar Binks makes appearances in the revised Original Trilogy - there's a scene in The Empire Strikes Back (The Extra-Special, No Shit, We're Talking LEGEND... wait for it... ARY Edition) where Jar Jar shows up as one of the bounty hunters, and winds up walking into Boba Fett and the others as they're all leaving, knocking them down like a row of dominoes. Oh, the hilarity, and in HD Widescreen Anamorphic Tohoscope!

Oh, George Lucas! Such a pixie!

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                          Really, I'm curious to know what more fiddling Lucas has done to the films, because we all know that he must have added some new CG turd somewhere or other.
                          Yup. I'm hoping it's really the "original" trilogy or I'll end up canceling my pre-order and watching the bonus shit on youtube.

Comment

Please God, let luca$ finally include all of the deleted Wampa attack footage from TESB. Please. That's all that I ask.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I'm guessing he added the Biggs scene back in?

Comment

You don't want to see it, Rob. All of that Anchorhead Biggs crap is terrible. I mean, REALLY bad. Terribly acted and staged.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X