Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > New Releases in the theater

New Releases in the theater Like paying 10 bucks a ticket and sitting with the mouthbreathers to watch a new film? Then post about it here

Old 05-07-2017, 05:35 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Location: Somewhere around the moon, New York City and your sister
FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

The Hasselhoff thing I found... kinda off-putting, and Stallone was a miscalculation. The point of his character was all there and well but Sly was the wrong guy. Didn't feel the emotional weight on his end (the Cliffhanger reunion notwithstanding). Rooker, thankfully, sells it.

All that aside... awesomeness and I was not a big fan of the original Guardians. Thought it got away with a lot of big problems due to its charm and oddness (and Pratt). This was a vast improvement. Russell is the best MCU villain, no question.

And I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!
Old 05-07-2017, 05:37 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
The Hasselhoff thing I found... kinda off-putting, and Stallone was a miscalculation. The point of his character was all there and well but Sly was the wrong guy. Didn't feel the weight (the Cliffhanger reunion notwithstanding).

All that aside... awesomeness and I was not a big fan of the original Guardians. Thought it got away with a lot of big problems due to its charm and oddness (and Pratt). This was a vast improvement.

Oh and Russell is the best MCU villain, no question.

And I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

I'm quite the opposite, as I like the Guardians more than I like the Avengers.

Hell, Civil War only worked for me because most of the focus was on Captain America.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 05-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Location: Somewhere around the moon, New York City and your sister
FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

Thought Guardians was OK. But what I appreciated the most was Marvel trying something different with a different breed of filmmaker and a non-superhero film, and it paid off for them.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:22 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

That's why we're not friends. Guardians, after rewatching it this week, is still the best MCU movie.

And bitching about the German divinity that is Hasselhoff makes YOU off-putting, camel-fucker!

Last edited by Martin; 05-11-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:00 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

TeamMartin on Guardians. Shit's tremendous.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:20 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

GOTG2

It was good. Kind of caught me off guard that it didn't tie directly into any of the bigger Marvel universe story line. There's obviously places where it fits in, but it wasn't a big flag of we are one step closer to Thanos. I liked that it was basically just a father son movie. Shocked that there was an actual death in a Marvel movie though. They've always killed the suspense when you knew everyone would get away. So yeah, it was good...but I had way more fun with the Thor Ragnarok trailer than with this entire movie.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:07 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Saw GOTG2 as well and the lack of progression towards Thanos was a bit unexpected but I really enjoyed the movie. The Father/son/Dad story was carried out well in my book. Rooker got to have a blast this movie and it was the better for it. Ragnarok looks like a fucking blast though, so the somberness of this one probably shouldn't seem as fun as the trailer for Ragnarok.

ETA: Dave Bautista is the fucking man. There is literally no one I can picture that could have been as great in the role of Drax.

Last edited by B_Metal; 05-13-2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:08 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Jen and I were over at her sister's new place, where the whole family was watching the first Thor and Avengers flicks. My niece is now a BIG fan of the Hulk, constantly asking me how strong the Hulk is, who can beat him up, who is this hero, who's that villain, can they beat up the Hulk, etc.

Here's hoping she's overcome with glee when Captain Marvel pops up in this cineverse.

NOTE: She wants to see the new Wonder Woman and Transformers films, too, but this is the Marvel thread, yo! We don't discuss dat shit here, son!
Old 05-15-2017, 10:30 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

Transformers? why???
Old 05-15-2017, 10:30 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

And yeah, I love that it's a simple father-son movie. And it's VERY effective.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:33 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Transformers? why???
She's 9. Her film watching palate needs work.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:52 PM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Transformers is the shit.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:19 PM
is a bio-hexacrypt.

D.T. can rock until they drop

Quote:
And yeah, I love that it's a simple father-son movie. And it's VERY effective.
It definitely follows the Empire Strikes Back formula, and rides that wave successfully. I wonder if Guardians 3 is going to be a big, bombastic third entry, like Return of the Jedi was.

Gunn has been pretty free to do as he pleases with the franchise, so far. The fact that Guardians 2 is not only one of the funniest but also darkest films in the MCU is a great accomplishment, and I hope he's fully off the chain to do as he likes with the third film.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:37 PM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

It can be bombastic...it just needs to resist the urge to become over-stuffed. 2 came close at a few points to being 'too much' but thankfully dialed it back from going over the edge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 05-18-2017, 09:43 PM
RIP Ferg

Quote:
Transformers? why???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy225 View Post
She's 9. Her film watching palate needs work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
Transformers is the shit.
This says EVERYTHING about Rob that needs saying.

ETA: Luv U BB
Old 05-19-2017, 05:25 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Maybe, but it also means my niece and Rob could hang like old buddies. Especially if Legos are involved.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:08 AM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

heck yeah. Legos and Transformers = a great day
Old 05-19-2017, 01:07 PM
is ready for turkey

http://deadline.com/2017/05/venom-mo...lm-1202098343/ whut?
Old 05-19-2017, 02:38 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

dafuq.

Man, great actor, shitty character.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:41 PM
is ready for turkey

And written by the guys who did ASM2.