Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Sports

Sports Shit, we don't do sports. Unless you count ultimate ninja death frisbee. Rob is all over that.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:20 AM
Here for laughs

Ingrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Metal View Post
I just don't understand the whole "my team lost so I'm gonna break shit" mentality. I've seen Houston teams lose when they should have won so many times that I've lost count. Was I happy about it? No but I moved on. Any fan who does that has got some serious issues imho.
I can understand it better than "my team won, so I'm gonna break shit." Fans of winning teams who burn and pillage? Just don't get it.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:28 AM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

I don't get either view point to be honest. IT"S JUST A FREAKING GAME FOLKS! YOU GET NOTHING IF THEY WIN, JUST MORE MERCH TO BUY, AND A YEAR OF BRAGGING RIGHTS. Sports fans are dumb sometimes.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Here for laughs

Ingrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurts

I agree completely, I'm just saying I can understand the losers rioting more than the winners.

Also, fuck Boston.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:57 AM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

HAHAHAHAHA, I <3 Boston if only because people have that vitriolic reaction to them. Lulz
Old 06-16-2011, 07:59 AM
Here for laughs

Eh, I don't really hate them, I save that for Detroit. But they beat the Flyers, and for that I wanted them to lose.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:00 AM
RIP Ferg

Lulz, if a team beats my team, I want them to win, that way we lost to the champs and not another loser.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

The Bruins' goon squad make it incredibly easy to root against the them.
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:06 AM
RIP Ferg

Goon squad is a good thing in Hockey. Or are we at that "hockey is a gentleman's sport" era?
Old 06-16-2011, 05:19 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

Fuck Boston. If you like goon hockey, you don't like or know hockey. It's anti-hockey. What the Olympics. No goon squad. Better hockey. And what makes people HATE Boston now is the fact that they delivered really dirty shots that were not punished (Boychuck broke Raymond's vertebrae and wasn't PUNISHED, nor suspended) while Vancouver got smacked. And it was like that the entire season (Pacioretty, anyone???). So fuck those guys.

Actually, if Vancouver had played like they did the entire year, they would have pulverized Boston. Now Boston did to them what the Habs did to Washington and Pittsburgh last year. And damn, Boston won by one goal in overtime in game 7 against the Habs. Pure luck!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:27 PM
RIP Ferg

Pure luck huh? Hmmmm, I'll take luck and the cup over your "Don't touch me" hockey any day.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:41 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

It's not "don't touch me" hockey. Physicality is good. Checking too. But I don't think you can see the difference between "finishing your check", aka checking someone WITHOUT the puck (who just passed it), and regular checking, a body check used to separate the player from the puck. #1 is the source of grave injuries, like said above, and are despised by most people. Except Bruins fans (except when their players are victims: see Horton, Savard and Bergeron) and most primate who like "good old violent hockey".

Remember that when I talked out of my ass with chicken Fried Steak? You're doing the same with hockey.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:14 PM
RIP Ferg

Also Vancouver had bigger problems than dirty play.

EDITED TO ADD: Bruins outscored Canucks 23-8 over the seven games. Surely you can't possibly believe dirty play and luck are the only reasons they won?

Last edited by B_Metal; 06-16-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:38 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

No no no. Boston only once played douche, and Vancouver did that too. Only, Vancouver's player got suspended. Boston: nope.

They won mainly because Vancouver never showed up. Ever.

Boston played good, mainly because of Thomas. He kept them in the game, and stop any hope Vancouver had of winning. The Canucks had the #1 offense. Just not in the playoffs...
Old 06-17-2011, 03:49 PM
RIP Ferg

So what you're saying is Boston was the better team? Ok thanks for clarifying. :-)
Old 06-17-2011, 08:58 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Vancouver is the better team, but they never remotely played near their level. In regular season Vancouver atomized Boston over and over again. It's no secret that the Western Conference is MUCH better and tougher than the East.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:59 PM
RIP Ferg

Buuuuuuuuuut they lost.....

Old 06-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

I wonder if that dead horse is still fucking dead?
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:21 PM
RIP Ferg

I'll admit, I've probably trolled MarTEEN to long on this one as I could care less which team won. I'll concede to the Prince of Canada that he is Hockey guru #1.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:12 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Juuuuuuuuuuuust in case people were wondering if Sidney Crosby was the best player in the world...