Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > The Braindead Oven

The Braindead Oven We love to eat. You love to eat. Let's talk about food here!

Old 08-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Fuck you all...

V is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
No, it's like salsa verde but somehow guacamole-ish.

See here: http://www.thatsmyhome.com/texmex/sides/avacoda.htm
YOU LIE!

ON CETI ALPHA V, THERE WAS LIFE! A FAIR CHANCE!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Fuck you all...

V is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandas

We did make a wonderful variation on my Ropa Vieja last night. Instead of ladling out meat onto rice or tortillas, Lola had the idea to just add the rice directly to the Crock-Pot and let everything soak up.

What we ended up with was a main dish with an almost gumbo-like consistency. The addition of a dried chili pepper also embiggened the flavors in a very cromulent way!

I would definitely make it again like this... but pre-cook the rice first.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

I've got to make that.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Fuck you all...

You need to. Good eats for two days at the least.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:43 AM
CSI

Lola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurts
Default Chimichurri-style steak w/ black bean corn salad

We didn't actually have this last night,but I'm just now uploading the pics from our meal.

Cooking the steak

black bean corn salad

all together now
Old 08-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Fuck you all...

In a word?

A-may-zing!
Old 08-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Some incredible burgers and homemade fries. Going to try our hand at Indian tomorrow, curry chicken.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:13 AM
Ms. January, Ava Gardner!

Lisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurts

Good god, what I wouldn't give for a cheeseburger and a nice fresh salad right now! Or an omlette and toast! Everything's closed right now because of Irene!

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!
Old 08-28-2011, 06:25 AM
Fuck you all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I've got to make that.
You posted pics... but we have not heard the verdict.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

So, Rob, how did your bacon spam experiment work out? Still breathing? Need me to call an ambulance?

Here's my burgers and homemade fries from last night.

Can't see the onions and avocado there but I promise they are there.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:54 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Shit was pretty good actually. cut up two slices of BACONSPAM and fried it in bacon grease. Two pieces of sourdough bread toasted with butter and strawberry preserves, two over easy fried eggs and 4 pieces of peppered bacon made into a sammich. Topped with srircha sauce. holy shit. so good. However, I would never eat that SPAM stuff raw/fried/whatever unless it was just a part of a recipe. Alone it had a weird consistency and wasn't all that appetizing. But mixed with all of the other ingredients it was pretty fucking awesome.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:18 PM

Lisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurts

Dinner tonight will be AWESOME in some way, shape or form! The storm has passed, people are out walking around, and a bunch of restaurants in my neighborhood have opened up! NOM!

Old 08-28-2011, 04:00 PM
CSI

Lola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurts

Lisa,
Go,run,frolick in the streets once again!
Have a fantastic meal
Old 08-28-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Lisa,
Go,run,frolick in the streets once again!
Have a fantastic meal
Well, right around dinner time, even though it stopped raining, all of a sudden some really scary wind kicked up as the tail end of the storm cleared us. It was only 10 minutes, but it rattled all the windows, which was freaky! Still, once it was done, I did wind up getting my mitts on an awesome grilled chicken sub. Oh, it was so good to have real food!

Old 08-29-2011, 06:43 AM
Fleshlight King

Good lord, Brittany tried her hand at butter chicken and rice with curry for the first time last night and it was outstanding. Could have used more heat, but I mixed some cayenne into mine and it worked ok.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:03 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Pulled pork sammiches topped with muenster and a spicysweet slaw mix I concocted.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:11 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

Did some super tender veal meatballs with a tomato sauce, froze them in batches. Half with mroe sauce, to be used on pasta, while the other to be used in.... meatball subs, with parmesan subs bread and topped with melted provolone.

And since yesterday was my moms' b-day, I braved Irene and went to get Szechuan (the real deal) take-out downtown. 60$'s worth of it.

LEFT-OVERS!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:14 AM
yiff it and quit it

Shit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Smashington View Post
Shit was pretty good actually. cut up two slices of BACONSPAM and fried it in bacon grease. Two pieces of sourdough bread toasted with butter and strawberry preserves, two over easy fried eggs and 4 pieces of peppered bacon made into a sammich. Topped with srircha sauce. holy shit. so good. However, I would never eat that SPAM stuff raw/fried/whatever unless it was just a part of a recipe. Alone it had a weird consistency and wasn't all that appetizing. But mixed with all of the other ingredients it was pretty fucking awesome.
this post makes my heart hurt

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
*RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~
Old 08-29-2011, 11:17 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
this post makes my heart hurt
And eating that thing will make your anus bleed.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:14 PM
is fancy

Pussies.