Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ash Vs The Evil Dead

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...the-evil-dead/

We need a thread for this, right? I don't have Starz anymore so unless they sell a pass on iTunes or Amazon or something I will be bootlegging this one.

won't be checking this out until it hits netflix or on blu.

fucking starz.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Watched the first episode of this. Wow. It was not good. Awesome effects. Terrible script/acting. Campbell was a bit embarrassing. I was more on board by the end of the episode but I still didn't really even want to bother with the rest of the episodes I had access to.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

You're the first person I've heard from that wasn't over the moon for it.

Comment

I was really bummed. It felt so fucking cheap. And Ash didn't feel like Ash for most of the run time. He was a skeezy white trash salesman for most of the episode. By the end it felt a bit better but it's like we don't have awesome horror shows already doing this shit better. I mean, maybe it gets way better but the whole reason the deadites are back was fucking STUPID and didn't jive at all with what we know about Ash. Maybe it was a red herring or maybe they explain it in a future episode?

Comment

I love that I posted my original thoughts about this over a year ago. As I mentioned on the latest podcast, I was wrong about not giving this show a chance. yes the first episode is pretty fucking bad, BUT, since i just finished the season I can say it gets much, much, much better. Some real cool world building here and while some of these reeks of riffs of Supernatural that's not a terrible thing. Real curious to see where season 2 goes with the way this one ended.

If you do like any of the Evil Dead flicks and you do enjoy Supernatural, I do recommend checking this out. Just make it past the first episode and you're good to go.

Comment

Agree, it got much better after the first episode. We have Starz for a year so I was able to watch the entire first season on demand. I love how Ash learned absolutely nothing by the end of season 1.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

It's like the first season of Spartacus in that respect - first episode was meh, after that WHOA, Shit Got Real, Son!

Looking forward to next season - hope to see lots of Lucy Lawless up in this piece.

Comment

wait is a that a photo from the second season?
                    Spoiler: spoilers 
                  because I thought she was the end all be all of evil? Did I miss something where they are friends?

Comment

Supposedly, it's from Season 2. Which means some tales must soon be told as to why these two are working together.

Comment

checked out the first episode of S2.

Dug it. Dug Ash's dad showing up (perfect actor/part) and the stuff with Ruby makes sense. The new deadites or whatever are pretty creepy and the gore was over the top again. Awesome.

Comment

Did any of you finish season 2?

http://www.deadites.net/ashy-slashy-puppet-can-2017/
                        "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'."
                        Homer Simpson

"What if you get scared half to death twice?"
                        Steven Wright

Comment

I have to wait until the bluray hits unfortunately

The first episode of S2 was pretty great. I just have to avoid spoilers until I can check out the rest.

Comment

Yes yes... Once you finish, check out that link.. For me, it is a must have!
                            "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'."
                            Homer Simpson

"What if you get scared half to death twice?"
                            Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                            X