Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Films on DVD or Blu

Films on DVD or Blu If you can buy it or own it, post about them here.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:46 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Russ View Post
Princess Bride is a good pull, B.
Yeah, watched the blu ray with the kids the other day and they started out just like young Fred "IS THIS A KISSING MOVIE?" Lulz Sit and watch young ones, sit and watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
Point Break and Die Hard. Fuck yeah.
Yep.

Also like everyone else my list is subject to change depending on what day it is.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Yep, already realized I didn't put Back to the Future on the list.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:30 AM
Has left the building

Ben Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurts

Raising Arizona
The Iron Giant
The Thing
Die Hard
When Harry Met Sally
The Apartment
Rififi
Master and Commander
The French Connection 1 & 2
- I love Hackman's performance and the ending to 2 so much
Singin In the Rain
The Wizard of Oz
Duck Soup (or A Night at the Opera, or Animal Crackers...)
Hard Boiled
Blade Runner
Heat
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Anchorman
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Straight Story

and fuck it, I'll say it cos it's brilliant and I watch it every year - The Shawshank Redemption

But I could easily go to 50 on this as there are at least 20 films from the 80s alone, many of them already mentioned, that I haven't got.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:15 PM
It's All A Deep End

PHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandas

Trimming the fat for this is hell.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:48 PM
fucking loves magic

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Don't think too much. Just post 20 movies.
fucking loves magic

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

nice fucking lists so far guys.
fucking loves magic

what's great is I now have a bunch of movies to seek out
Old 04-02-2014, 05:53 PM
It's All A Deep End

PHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandas

Old 04-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Man. Fuck. How did I leave off Blade Runner. Or Coming to America.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Some of these choices make me scratch the scruff on my chin and say "They're full of shit if they can sit down and watch this all the time and not be bored."

But I am willing to believe there is that rarified group who can sit through Blade Runner all the time and not fall asleep. I am not one of those people as it turns out.
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:08 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

All of my choices are superior films. Not a bad one in the bunch. :-D
Old 04-02-2014, 07:14 PM
fucking loves magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Russ View Post
But I am willing to believe there is that rarified group who can sit through Blade Runner all the time and not fall asleep. I am not one of those people as it turns out.
I'm in love with the idea of Blade Runner, but fuck is that movie BORING for like 75% of it's running time.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:15 PM
fucking loves magic

I'm also surprised at how many times Last Crusade shows up on the list.

I still find Raiders to be the most entertaining of the bunch.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:16 PM
fucking loves magic

Curious: What makes Crusade more entertaining than the other flicks?
Old 04-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

It's just something about the pacing, the quest itself (seriously, the Venice sequence always hooks me in to watch the whole damned thing), the score, River Phoenix being a hell of a baby Indy, and the chemistry between Sean Fucking Connery and Harry Fjords was delightful. Also, Ilsa was a great upgrade from Willie, even when she was turning heel and chokeslamming everyone from the top rope.

It never lets up on the old school charm and spectacle, and it was the last time anyone saw Harrison Ford have fun.
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 04-02-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:37 PM
fucking loves magic

all great points. The Venice set piece is pretty great and it does pain me that River OD'd because you're right, he is amazing as young Indy. But for me Raiders wins because of 3 things: The opening scene, Karen Allen, and Toht.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Crusade is imminently watchable. I can see why people would say they can watch it more than Raiders. Raiders is 50 year old scotch. Crusaders is a six pack.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

I'd like to throw Super Troopers under the bus and put Zodiac on my list instead.

Because I really can watch that and lose three hours in what feels like seconds. ST is more of a "if drunk, break glass" movie these days. And I don't drink like I used to drink.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:05 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

I prefer Crusade over Raiders mostly because it, to me, was Indy at his best, going for the ultimate artifact. Having his dad and closest confidant in tow as well gave it a family-feel, and Sean Connery pretty much nailed the whole driving point of the series with his "Junior? Let it go." The Indy films aren't about the prizes at the end - they're all about the quests. It was the quest for the Holy Grail, the lessons learned along the way, the bonds that were made, that was important. Getting the Grail was unimportant by then. That's why I dig this film the most.

Kicking myself for forgetting Young Frankenstein. Shit, anything by Mel Brooks is must watch at my house. Any way I can shoe horn Blazing Saddles or The Producers (both versions) on the list?
Old 04-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Has left the building

Ben Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
I'm in love with the idea of Blade Runner, but fuck is that movie BORING for like 75% of it's running time.
Totally disagree. However, it is one of the films I've seen the most times and I saw it when I was very young, so it has a special impact on me whenever I start to see it, like hearing the opening bars of your favourite song.