Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Films on DVD or Blu

Films on DVD or Blu If you can buy it or own it, post about them here.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas
Default Hollywood Nice Guys and Gals

I was curious as to the personal reputations of Hollywood actors. Who are the people who are genuinely nice to meet and work with, and who are the powercocks?

From what I have heard or personally know:
Good guys:
Tom Cruise (supposed to be a good guy to meet)
John Travolta (I personally know a guy who dealt with him and had amazing things to say about him. I've heard elsewhere that he's supposed to be really cool)
Joe Pesci (I've heard that he's a nice guy and always made a point of insisting that the grunts on any film set were treated well)
George Clooney (heard he's cool and a real joker)

The Bad:
Tim Allen (supposed to be a real prick)
Steven Seagal (arrogant as hell)
Katherine Heigl (supposed to be a jerk)
Cary Grant (a cheap bastard and an asshole)
Tommy Lee Jones (supposed to be the biggest asshole of all of them)

Others?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 02-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Tom Cruise actively promotes one of the most abusive cults on the planet. Strike him from the list.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:00 PM

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

That may be, but he's also supposed to be a genuinely nice guy. Very friendly to fans and helpful to people that he encounters.
Quote:
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Old 02-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Being nice to someone on the street doesn't excuse his helping fund some legitimate horrible operations. I mean, I dig Cruise and think he gets a bad rap as far as his career goes, but this is unacceptable.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/today-tonig...d-labour-camp/

I would love to meet Tommy Lee Jones. He seems like my kind of asshole. Not so much rude as just disinterested in the Hollywood bullshit.

I think John Lasseter is probably the nicest guy in Hollywood, especially with his track record...but I also wouldn't be surprised if they found a dungeon under his home.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:07 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Fincher's supposed to be a prick.

Keanu Reeves routinely gifts everyone on his work crews.
Anne Hathaway is supposed to be cool.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 02-28-2012, 01:11 PM

Other good one that I've met :
Peter Graves (met him when I was 16 or so when I was a busboy. Got his autograph. Couldn't have been a nicer guy, was thrilled to be asked for his autograph)
Barbara Eden (was a busboy at the same place. It was Easter brunch and she was there as a guest. Extremely friendly and pleasant to everyone. Fucking GORGEOUS like you wouldn't believe)
Marisa Tomei (said hi to her on the set of UNTAMED HEART when I interned in it. We weren't supposed to interact with the actors, but I was there moving something. I saw her, nodded, and she nodded and smiled. GORGEOUS)
Christian Slater (same film. I saw him but didn't meet him. Heard from others that he was really cool)
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-28-2012, 01:15 PM

The word on Tommy Lee Jones? People liked it when he played Ty Cobb because it forced him to be nicer than usual.

And yeah, I've heard that about Keanu. When he was in town filming FEELING MINNESOTA, he was very approachable to anyone that came on set. I remember the newspaper running pictures is him posing with strangers. As I recall, he'd finish filming a scene and go over to the crowds gathered and interact with everyone.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-28-2012, 01:19 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

I heard Tommy Lee Jones buys care bears and lollipops for everyone on set. That's WHAT I heard.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:23 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Metal View Post
I heard Tommy Lee Jones buys care bears and lollipops for everyone on set. That's WHAT I heard.

I heard the little brother from Alf got the little girl from Poltergeist pregnant. The end result was that the baby popped out of her like in Alien. Thus, no Poltergeist IV.

Don't believe the media lies.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 02-28-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Metal View Post
I heard Tommy Lee Jones buys care bears and lollipops for everyone on set and laces them with cyanide. That's WHAT I heard.
No shit?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-28-2012, 01:27 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

I never actually heard that about Tommy Lee Jones. I actually never heard anything about him. And if I had it wouldn't affect how I feel about his roles as I'll probably never meet him and could give two shits about him personally. Same with anyone else on the list. I won't however excuse Tom Cruise for jumping on Oprah's couch, I mean come on man, NOBODY'S that excited for some Dawson's Creek pussy, not even Dawson.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Fleshlight King

Keanu Reeves' generosity is legend.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Location: Somewhere around the moon, New York City and your sister
FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

Can't mention nice guys without saying Steve Carell and Paul Rudd.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:38 PM
RIP Ferg

For the lulz, enjoy

also fuck embed
Old 02-28-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Can't mention nice guys without saying Steve Carell and Paul Rudd.
Details?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-28-2012, 01:48 PM

Also, it's a known fact that Val Killer is supposed to be difficult to work with. Is he also a jerk in real life or just when working?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Location: Somewhere around the moon, New York City and your sister
FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

Also every time I've spoken to those who have dealt with Heigl, "cunt" is always used.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Has left the building

Ben Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurts

Doesn't surprise me about Heigl. She seems really easy to dislike. She also seemed to really not get what was good about the only good role she played, before gleefully squatting and letting out a string of turds.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:20 PM
It's All A Deep End

PHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandas

Tom Hanks, of course.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

David Schwimmer bathes in the blood of children, or so I'm told.

He's said to have stalked the Cabrini Green from time to time, and he smells of brimstone and whey farts.

Seems like an alright d00d.
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.