Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > The Braindead Oven

The Braindead Oven We love to eat. You love to eat. Let's talk about food here!

Old 02-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Malfunctioning Host

IggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandas
Default They Don't Make It Anymore. . . Defunct Foods You Miss

There are some foods I recall loving as a kid, that for some reason I can no longer find. The ones that spring to mind immediately are Buittoni canned ravioli (much more flavorful than the Chef Boy-Ar-De variety), and their toaster pizzas. These kind of looked like an uncut English muffin, and you cooked them in a toaster. They were filled with a delectable mix of sauce & cheese. ONe of my favorite snack/weekend lunchtime foods as a kid. Jeno's also used to make this thing, it was like a foil tray with mini pizzas on it; cheese, pepperoni & sausage. Jeno's is still around, but I haven't seen one of these things in years. Great watching TV snack.

In 1987 I was at a party at a friend's house, and he had a couple bags of sour cream & bacon chips from Herr's. They were INCREDIBLE. Best fucking flavored chips EVER! I found them again a few months later at the CVS across the Mall from the bookstore where I worked, and I must have bought 4 bags or so at one time before they ran out (which was almost instantly). I haven't seen these since, either. But I continue to look every time I see a Herr's display, just hoping. . .

ANyone else mourning the loss of a former favorite food?

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Here for laughs

Ingrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurts

I just miss Herr's in general. Can't get 'em out here. It makes me sad.

I can't think of anything that is totally gone, more of a "I miss the original recipe/formula for Product X". Namely Honey Nut Cheerios. I don't know what they changed or when they did it, but they're not the same as when I was a kid. I call shenanigans on General Mills.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Malfunctioning Host

IggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandas

Ditto Trix. Ever since they changed from the spheres to the fruit-shaped things, they've never been the same. Or as good.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Ms. January, Ava Gardner!

Lisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurts

I miss a lot of local stuff from back in Atlantic City. If you're from NJ and/or Philly (I'm looking at you, Tim and Iggy!) - I miss Tasty Kakes (this awesome brand of cookies and cupcakes out of Philadelphia)! Their Butterscotch Krimpets were the best in the world! Plus, every year near Christmas - usually right after Thanksgiving - they used to have these small tubs of butter cookies that ROCKED! They were shaped like snowflakes, and sprinkled with red and green sugar sprinkles, and were loaded with butter - you could actually see the butter stains on the bottom of the cardboard tub they came in.

I also miss Conte Luna pasta - really really good supermarket pasta, never got mushy, only found in south NJ and Philly.

There was this local brand of coffee in Atlantic City called Ireland Coffee - it was sold only to hotels and restaurants, so you couldn't get it in the stores. But they had their factory in Atlantic City, with a small shop attached. So if you were so inclined, you could go to the Ireland Coffee factory store and buy it directly from them. SUCH good coffee!

So those are what I miss from back home. My Dad used to send me care packages up at college and load me up with Conte Luna and Ireland coffee - I used to love getting goodies from him!

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:19 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Ecto Cooler and P.B. Max.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 PM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

Cinnamon Crunch Pebbles
Old 02-25-2010, 11:06 PM
yiff it and quit it

Shit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandas

fuck I'm baked and this thread is making me hungry

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
*RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~
Old 02-25-2010, 11:08 PM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

Where's the Holiday Spiced Pepsi when ya need it? I lived on that shit for a winter break in school.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

MCRIBS.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:13 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
MCRIBS.

The McRib is seasonal. It is still made. Never joke about its death.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

But it needs to be available ALL THE TIME. And good sir, I never joke about the death of food. EVER.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:17 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
But it needs to be available ALL THE TIME. And good sir, I never joke about the death of food. EVER.
It's the rainbow of fast food delight. You chase it and hope for its return. One day, you are rewarded.

Don't go chasing ribby waterfalls, let it come to you.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:54 PM
is not Montel Williams

Kind of like the Shamrock Shake, which is going on RIGHT NOW.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:34 AM
<-My Inspiration

Lesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The Fahey

You have no have no idea how perfect this thread is for Rob. There are so many times when we are at the store and he says "Why do they always stop carrying the things that I love?"
Old 02-26-2010, 06:23 AM
Here for laughs

Ingrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaNY View Post
If you're from NJ and/or Philly (I'm looking at you, Tim and Iggy!) - I miss Tasty Kakes (this awesome brand of cookies and cupcakes out of Philadelphia)! Their Butterscotch Krimpets were the best in the world!
MMMM, I do miss the Krimpets. I used to live out there and now two of my sisters live on the east coast, so whenever they come to visit I make them bring me Tasty Kakes. Nathan doesn't get it. You can buy them online, but you have to buy by the case. So unless you have a very large freezer, it's a no go.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:42 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Fucking CHEEZ BALLS, Cheez-it Buffalo Wings and Ranch Cheez sticks, DUNKAROOS, Ecto Cooler, Take 5 Peanut Butter...
Old 02-26-2010, 06:42 AM
Fuck you all...

V is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaNY View Post
I miss a lot of local stuff from back in Atlantic City. If you're from NJ and/or Philly (I'm looking at you, Tim and Iggy!) - I miss Tasty Kakes (this awesome brand of cookies and cupcakes out of Philadelphia)!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid View Post
MMMM, I do miss the Krimpets. I used to live out there and now two of my sisters live on the east coast, so whenever they come to visit I make them bring me Tasty Kakes. Nathan doesn't get it. You can buy them online, but you have to buy by the case. So unless you have a very large freezer, it's a no go.
MMMM!!!

The double stuffed Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes are sublime...

I may just eat the whole box!

:P
Old 02-26-2010, 07:30 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

GODDAMN CRYSTAL PEPSI.

I drank that shit by the gallon as a kid. I loved it. I found an old sealed can of it a few years ago when moving, and I was tempted to crack it open.

Steak finger basket at Sonic. Sonic made the best damn chicken fried steak basket. Delicious. Then they just stopped serving it. Only the chicken basket now. I can taste those tiny chicken fried steak morsels now.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:31 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Monterrey Jack Cheese Doritos. *sniff*

This thread makes me sad.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:22 AM
Ms. January, Ava Gardner!

Lisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid View Post
Girl, you're from my neck of the woods! I know, we've been shut out of the krimpet goodness. And here's the thing - you can't really freeze them, because it changes them. The spongecake part gets mushy after it thaws, and the butterscotch frosting gets all runny. They're wrecked after the freezer, you have to find them fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolander View Post
The double stuffed Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes are sublime...

I may just eat the whole box!
Vin, I'm sorry, I keep forgetting you're a Philly boy! My brother loved the peanut butter kandy cakes! He would eat a whole pack of them in two seconds when my mom would bring them home.

I'm embarrassed to admit this - but the last time I had Butterscotch Krimpets was 2006 - my dad was in the hospital in Philly for heart surgery. So while we were sitting in the waiting area, waiting for him to come out, I went to the vending machines - and lo and behold! Butterscotch Krimpets behind the glass! I waste no time in buying a pack, and then, scooted back to my sister, all "Hey, look! Butterscotch Krimpets!" And then I immediately went, "Yeah, I know, I suck, I'm a bad daughter - dad's in surgery, and I'm all excited to find my favorite Tasty Kake." And she goes, "Yeah, but I'll take one anyway, I haven't had one of those in years." (And yes, Dad came through the surgery fine, so there wasn't a lot of residual guilt afterward.)

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!