Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > The Braindead Oven

The Braindead Oven We love to eat. You love to eat. Let's talk about food here!

Old 02-16-2010, 07:12 PM
yiff it and quit it

Shit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandas
Default Booze.

Easy.

Once all this moving bullshit is out of the way, I want to find a nice, moderately-priced scotch (no more than $60) that I can enjoy a glass of in order to cap off two weeks of irritation, existential angst, semi-heartbreak, and agony. I voluntarily haven't drank for about a year, so I might as well kick it off again with a little style. And, hey, if it's expensive I'm less likely to down the entire thing and end up wearing my pants on my head and screaming at traffic at 3 am.

What are your recommendations? Also, we might as well use this as a catch-all alcohol thread.

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
*RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~
Old 02-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Under 60 for something good-to-great in L.A.?

Shiiiiiiiiiit.

Well, even though they may be a bit pricier, a Lagavulin or Talisker would probably punch you in the SQUATS.

But there's also Highland Park or Laphroaig. Those are a little less redonkulous in price, and are very good.

(Picking up one of these tomorrow. This query has reignited my need for bottled paint thinner.)
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-16-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:28 PM
yiff it and quit it

Shit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandas

Fuck it, let's say $80 if I get a bed financed. Otherwise I'll have to wait another week and a half.

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
Old 02-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Fuck you all...

V is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandas

Single malt? Macallan, no question.

Blends? Matt will tell you Johnny Walker Green Label, but I prefer The Famous Grouse myself. Not peaty, and around $25 a bottle.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Johnny Walker is a good choice for scotch.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:32 AM
Malfunctioning Host

IggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandas

The Balvenie Dublewood. Or Cragganmore. Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban is also great.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:01 AM
Fuck you all...

V is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandas

Ig speaks truth about the Glenmorangie. A tasty dram indeed...
Old 02-17-2010, 07:29 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

I'm glad I pimped the Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban so much on the other site. Love it.

But for ONE bottle, the Macallan 12 years old is THE bottle to get. Matt's recommendation, and it's a perfect one. And I also agree with the The Balvenie Doublewood.

Best price/rato there is. Cheaper and still amazing. Love the Lagavulin, and it's as peaty as I'll get. The Talisker is too much for me.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:37 AM
yiff it and quit it

Yeah, I'm passing on the JW. That was my staple way back when, and I'd like to try other scotches.

~
Old 02-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Ms. January, Ava Gardner!

Lisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
And, hey, if it's expensive I'm less likely to down the entire thing and end up wearing my pants on my head and screaming at traffic at 3 am.
(*Surreptitiously replaces the Glenmorangie in Jake's bottle with Mad Dog 20/20*)

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:45 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Oh Mad Dog. How you got us drunk during High School for under 5 bucks.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Jake, you're going through a break up, just buy the Thunderbird and get it over with.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:11 AM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
Jake, you're going through a break up, just buy the Thunderbird and get it over with.
Hahaha Thunderbird: The breakup liquor
Old 02-17-2010, 10:16 AM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

Whoa Whoa Whoa, Thunderbird? Look at these Rockefellas over here.

*Replaces Thunderbird with King Cobra*
Old 02-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Get some MacCutcheon...
Old 02-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Fuck you all...

One of these...

or 34 of these...

Choose wisely...
Old 02-17-2010, 01:38 PM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Old 02-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Fuck you all...

See?

Donovan bought the Night Train!

Don't be "that guy"!
Old 02-17-2010, 01:47 PM
getting ready for summer

Exactly.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Gettin' a Macallan 12 and an Ardbeg 10.

And hey, the hangover's free! FUCK YEAH!

Nighttrain? Reminds me of this...

*I haven't even been drinking yet...
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-17-2010 at 03:22 PM.