Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Films on DVD or Blu

Films on DVD or Blu If you can buy it or own it, post about them here.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas
Default The Fifth Element: you're all insane

FUCK this movie. I can't be the ONLY sane person on this forum who hates this movie with a fervent zeal.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:56 PM
fucking loves magic

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

There are so many other movies to hate. I don't understand why this would be one? Unless you thought it was going to be something else?
fucking loves magic

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

But what do I know? I enjoy Hackers and not The Blues Brothers.
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

I like it. Not sure it will age very well being so stylized.
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

Oh shit! He just threw it down!

For the real answer, it's not Besson's best. I would say LEON is his best, with maybe La Femme Nikkita after that.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:57 PM
fucking loves magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post

I think that's part of its charm. I can't think of another sci-fi flick that is anything like this movie.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:58 PM
fucking loves magic

And Leon is definitely his best IMO, but this movie was too much fun. I dunno, I think that Judas is the first person I've ever talked to that HATES it.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:59 PM

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

I love 'Leon' and 'La Femme Nikita'. 'The Big Blue' was ok, and I never saw 'The Messenger'.

Previews for T5E made it look like something wondrous...almost Star Wars like in its originality. The finished product was a total mess of a film, and I would have walked out of the damn theater had I not been stuck with friends who wanted to stay.

Seriously, watching this film was the cinematic equivalent of slamming my dick in a car door.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

The style, the characters, and non-gritty future was what sold me.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Just watched it for the first time last night and it holds up. I don't think they were going for a 100% straight movie, the subtle humor worked great.

I can understand the hate for the Opera chick and Tucker got on my nerves slightly...but overall the movie is pretty fucking epic.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:02 PM

and I wanted to slap Milla Jovovich silly. She wouldn't SHUT THE FUCK UP with that stupid fake language. LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD SHUT THE FUCK UP STOP RAMBLING.

Oh God, the singing blue squid lady...fuck. HATE this movie.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:02 PM
fucking loves magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

Previews for T5E made it look like something wondrous...almost Star Wars like in its originality. The finished product was a total mess of a film, and I would have walked out of the damn theater had I not been stuck with friends who wanted to stay.

Seriously, watching this film was the cinematic equivalent of slamming my dick in a car door.
I thought it was pretty original. But in a way that I can see would polarize people.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Quote:
and I wanted to slap Milla Jovovich silly. She wouldn't SHUT THE FUCK UP with that stupid fake language. LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD SHUT THE FUCK UP STOP RAMBLING.

I agree on the language it went on too long...once she learned all of history and every martial art, she should've learned Engrish...

MULTIPASS
Old 09-23-2009, 01:05 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Quote:

Lulz, he called you Judath.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:06 PM

You're all insane.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Elitist

Fifth Element > Hitchiker's Guide
Old 09-23-2009, 01:09 PM

That's not much of a comparison...THHGTTG was utter dogshit with ONE genuinely funny moment.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:09 PM
fucking loves magic

Everything with Rockwell was gold.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:10 PM

Nice fucking avatar, Rob.

CORBIN CORBIN CORBIN GREEN GREEN GREEN CORBIN WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAH CORBIN CORBIN GREEEEEEEEEEEEEN WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Elitist

Okay...million dollar question...Better president;

This Guy:

Or

This Guy: