Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > The Braindead Oven

The Braindead Oven We love to eat. You love to eat. Let's talk about food here!

Old 07-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas
Default MN State Fair/Renaissance Festival Food...on a stick.

Rob, are you getting your stomach ready for both of these experiences?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:39 AM
fucking loves magic

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Fuck yeah man. Lesley and I are beasts at the Ren Festival. The State Fair may or may not happen. Depends on money, but we never miss the Ren Fest.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:42 AM

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

We usually try and make a weekend of it: Saturday the Ren Fest, Sunday the Fair. That way we only have to get one change of blood.

LOVE the Ren Fest, though. I usually pound about 6 glasses of the honey mead from that guy by the jousting area.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:43 AM
<-My Inspiration

Lesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The Fahey

We actually haven't gone to the State Fair for a few years. Even though we used to live right by it. Ren Fest is a must must must. One of my favorite summer plans.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:46 AM

You two ever do the Feast of Fantasy? My wife and I did it two years ago and it was pretty damn good and entertaining. We weren't planning on doing it again, but we're considering it for this year because of the awesome menu.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:47 AM
fucking loves magic

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Oh shit, we have not. What does that entail?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:52 AM

Do a google search for the MN Renaissance Festival and you should find the site for it.

The Feast of Fantasy is held in BAD MANOR 3 times a day: lunch, mid-afternoon, and dinner. It costs $80 per person (which includes your Ren Fest admission) and gets you a 7 course meal with pretty much all of the beer/wine that you can drink. All of the major entertainers come in and perform special tricks, too. The two guys who run it have been doing it for years, and they gauge the PG vs R rated nature of the crowd early on and go from there. Get the show R rated and you'll have a fun time.

You get special cups/tokens and stuff for souvenirs.

If you end up going to the Fest and spending alot of money on food and drink, consider it.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:52 AM
fucking loves magic

oh snaps we will have to look into that.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:53 AM
<-My Inspiration

Lesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The Fahey

That.... would... be... epic.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:54 AM

If memory serves, they're running a special for the first weekend. I think that it was $65 instead of $80 for the first day.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:54 AM
<-My Inspiration

https://tix.cnptix.com/tix/SilverStr...tml?siteID=808

Buy 1 get 1 free Ren Fest tickets, promo code: KS95LLC
July 20-Aug 1

If we buy our tickets here, are you still able to do the feast?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:57 AM

There is a ticket booth in front of Bad Manor, so I assume that you can. We bought ours as a combo package at the main entrance.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:06 AM

Bump. The Ren Fest starts this weekend and the MN State Fair starts next Thursday.

Stomach pump city, here I come!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:07 AM
<-My Inspiration

I was just saying last night how much I am looking forward to a pronto pup. Although Rob reminded me I already had one this summer at Valley Fair. It's always better at the State Fair though.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:07 AM
fucking loves magic

CANNOT WAIT.

People watching at its finest.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:08 AM
<-My Inspiration

Judas - did you hear that thing about Conan saying he would go to the State Fair if they could come up with enough chocolate covered bacon to equal his weight?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:08 AM
fucking loves magic

It's just too bad it'll never happen.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:09 AM
<-My Inspiration

Never say never... maybe next year!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:11 AM

No, I hadn't heard that. I'm sorry, but.....YUCK. I love bacon as much as the next guy, but I'm having stomach heaves just thinking about all of that fat.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:12 AM
<-My Inspiration