Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > New Releases in the theater

New Releases in the theater Like paying 10 bucks a ticket and sitting with the mouthbreathers to watch a new film? Then post about it here

Old 04-27-2017, 07:12 AM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Location: Somewhere around the moon, New York City and your sister
FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

Someone made the theory that David will ultimately transplant himself into a CG-deaged Ian Holm and board the Nostromo. For either this film or any additional Alien film assuming it happens, and more importantly if Fox allows Ridley to keep going.

And that sounds so bonkers, I could see the old man doing it.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:12 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

I'm so annoyed that clip ends when it does. Gimme more!
Old 04-27-2017, 07:13 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Someone made the theory that David will ultimately transplant himself into a CG-deaged Ian Holm and board the Nostromo. For either this film or any additional Alien film assuming it happens, and more importantly if Fox allows Ridley to keep going.

That's so crazy that I'd love it.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:41 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:

I could buy that, as Scott has really been pushing deaging tech and has been working with ex-ILM folk to improve upon what started with Rogue One.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 04-27-2017, 08:08 AM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

well, I'm told that the de-aged scene in GOTG 2 is amazing. Hard to top Michael Douglas in ANT MAN or Downey in CIVIL WAR, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 04-27-2017, 10:59 AM
Allergic to dumbfucks

FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

Marvel has managed to do it the best.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Reviews are mixed as Hell, which I find encouraging.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:58 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
well, I'm told that the de-aged scene in GOTG 2 is amazing. Hard to top Michael Douglas in ANT MAN or Downey in CIVIL WAR, though.

Rogue One tech. They took test footage from Used Cars and put it over a 22 year old actor.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:22 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Troy, what can you say? I'm one of the weirdos who loves ALIEN 3 and PROMETHEUS. Will I be happy?
Old 05-10-2017, 09:49 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Troy, what can you say? I'm one of the weirdos who loves ALIEN 3 and PROMETHEUS. Will I be happy?

There is a lot of Alien 3 in this one. A lot of the unused draft ideas of 3 and Resurrection.

This movie pisses on Prometheus a bit, but it makes sense in terms of connecting that movie to the classic series.

That being said, Shaw isn't David. David is the star of Covenant. Well, him and Danny McBride. McBride is the shit in this movie.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:52 AM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
There is a lot of Alien 3 in this one. A lot of the unused draft ideas of 3 and Resurrection.

This movie pisses on Prometheus a bit, but it makes sense in terms of connecting that movie to the classic series.

That being said, Shaw isn't David. David is the star of Covenant. Well, him and Danny McBride. McBride is the shit in this movie.
All of this makes me more stoked than anything else to see it.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:46 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

I don't care about Alien at all, but McBride has me interested as hell.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:00 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
All of this makes me more stoked than anything else to see it.
Same.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:02 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
I don't care about Alien at all, but McBride has me interested as hell.
Yep
Old 05-11-2017, 09:04 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Still want to believe Scott was a big This is the End fan.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:30 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Still want to believe Scott was a big This is the End fan.
I could buy that.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:51 AM
is fancy

Covenant was fucking great.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:25 AM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

Oh you.
Quote:
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 08-05-2017, 11:49 AM
is fancy

It totally was. That movie was fucking amazing EXCEPT for the last 20 mins where it felt like a completely different movie was taking place. Everything with David was amazing and I only had a few issues with it. The stuff on the bluray extras should have been left in the movie though. There is a 6 min video of David's experiments that ends with some fucking sweet shit.

The gore was amazing, Danny McBride was a revelation, it fixed most of my issues with Prometheus (except for the fucking mural in that movie...based on what we learned in this one that makes NO SENSE), and I loved the different species stuff we saw in this..
Old 08-05-2017, 11:51 AM
I'll See You in 25 Years

BMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurts

I thought Covenant wasn't bad. Dealing with all the legacy Prometheus bullshit is what dragged it down.

Twitter.com/bmkrol