re: DMB #41 6.1.2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re: DMB #41 6.1.2009

A month and a half later and this still blows my mind. Coffin lays it all out on the stage. Here's that song but the whole show is still up on Hulu and well worth the watch.

This is probably one of the best versions I've ever heard, even better than the legendary 4.20.02 cut. The new horn arrangement near the end of the song is awesome.

And while I'm at it, Relix Magazine did a great podcast to coincide with their DMB cover story that has a lot of deep cuts. I'd stab a guy to hear "People, People" get back in the rotation. I thought it might happen back when Butch Taylor was touring with the band but it never did.

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
    A month and a half later and this still blows my mind. Coffin lays it all out on the stage. Here's that song but the whole show is still up on Hulu and well worth the watch.

This is probably one of the best versions I've ever heard, even better than the legendary 4.20.02 cut. The new horn arrangement near the end of the song is awesome.

And while I'm at it, Relix Magazine did a great podcast to coincide with their DMB cover story that has a lot of deep cuts. I'd stab a guy to hear "People, People" get back in the rotation. I thought it might happen back when Butch Taylor was touring with the band but it never did.
    Dave Matthews Band: it's what music lovers listen to when they're not listening to music.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

This just reminds me of how sad I am that I am not at Alpine right now.
      If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

I'm sad I haven't been anywhere in, like, five years. I've downloaded a lot of shows lately but it's not the same.

Comment

lol @ the nameless DMB subforum, hidden like a festering goiter on the leg of the boards

(you're gonna ban me now aren't you )
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

haha. indeed.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
              lol @ the nameless DMB subforum, hidden like a festering goiter on the leg of the boards

(you're gonna ban me now aren't you )
              Originally posted by Rob View Post
              haha. indeed.
              I have a co worker who listens to DMB, she's a hippy, a dirty hippy.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I will ban you all!

Comment

I will ban you all!
                  From what? A patchouli party?

Comment

"You're banned from the sunset drum circle on Venice Beach, bro. Just get...just get the fuck out. Nobody badmouths Dave in my presence. You just totally blew my high."
                    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                      From what? A patchouli party?
                      Blerg, patchouli. Fucking gross. I totally stand out at a DMB show because I'm not a filthy hippie (I cut my hair and bathe) and I'm not a douchey frat bro. Or is it "bra"? I don't know. I pretty much hate everyone when I go to a show.

Comment

Blerg, patchouli. Fucking gross. I totally stand out at a DMB show because I'm not a filthy hippie (I cut my hair and bathe) and I'm not a douchey frat bro. Or is it "bra"? I don't know. I pretty much hate everyone when I go to a show.
                        Word. To everything you said.
                        If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Working...
                        X